MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: BBv2 - vBulletin And MyBB Might Worry...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
i know what perl and cgi is just want to add another thing to there list for them to say what it is
I hate Perl and cgi . So hard to get it working right. Premature end of script headers, what does that tell you. I like PHP much better.
Actually, to clarify the Perl/CGI confusion thingy, CGI is not a language. CGI stands for Common Gateway Interface and Perl is a programming language that allows you to program CGI scripts. So is PHP (surprise, surprise).

So that means BBv2 is a CGI script written in Perl.
No... BBv2 is a Perl script. BBv2 is not a CGI script. Perl can be ran through an Apache module independent of CGI. Thus, BBv2 can be ran without the need for CGI and so cannot be considered a CGI script. And yes, I am getting technical :p
AAAAAAAAAAAAAH I'm confused!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! well I like php better anyways easier on my server... plus I could never get the whole acsII binary changing damn it
Matt Light Wrote:No... BBv2 is a Perl script. BBv2 is not a CGI script. Perl can be ran through an Apache module independent of CGI. Thus, BBv2 can be ran without the need for CGI and so cannot be considered a CGI script. And yes, I am getting technical :p

And this was all because they named their files .cgi and not .pl hehehe
There`s a reason why the biggest boards today run PHP and not Perl.
It's fairly nice, but the forum view is a bit sloppy, but the admin view has a good look to it, though I'm more used to MyBB's. And I seem more used to PHP, so I may have second thoughts about using this BBS. Wink
It's also not cheap Wink
ugliest board.

I wont waste my money on it.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5