MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: The showcase forum
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
My suggestion for the showcase forum is that the guideline be relaxed a bit, allowing more sites to gain entry legitimately.

I have not seen a single big board site or site with established quality content being listed here.

The ones that are being approved that I have seen are mostly starter sites looking for some exposure and/or feedback (nothing wrong with that IMO). So why not relax the requirements to enable more people to list here?

Thanks!
(2016-07-29, 10:44 PM)Ashley1 Wrote: [ -> ]My suggestion for the showcase forum is that the guideline be relaxed a bit, allowing more sites to gain entry legitimately.

Which one?

I hate seeing site admins not be a bit imaginative and create a thread with *actual* content rather than an image with shitty contrast.

To the best of my knowledge, the Showcase forum exists to show off MyBB's extensibility, not to advertise for the sake of advertising. Want to advertise your new forum; great - do it elsewhere.
I have submit my forum in showcase

i don't know if my forum rejected or Approved in showcase
(2016-07-30, 02:12 AM)ziuma Wrote: [ -> ]I have submit my forum in showcase

i don't know if my forum rejected or Approved in showcase

If it was rejected you would have an open private inquiry with the staff to discuss WHY you were rejected. :-)
(2016-07-29, 10:56 PM)Ben Cousins Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-07-29, 10:44 PM)Ashley1 Wrote: [ -> ]My suggestion for the showcase forum is that the guideline be relaxed a bit, allowing more sites to gain entry legitimately.

Which one?

I hate seeing site admins not be a bit imaginative and create a thread with *actual* content rather than an image with shitty contrast.

To the best of my knowledge, the Showcase forum exists to show off MyBB's extensibility, not to advertise for the sake of advertising. Want to advertise your new forum; great - do it elsewhere.

The stated purpose itself could be amended. If strictly applied, I don't see these sites being listed here:

The MyBB Showcase is for showing off an existing community and should not be used as a starting point for advertising a new forum.

The aim of the Showcase forum is to demonstrate the potential of MyBB. If your forum is new and empty please customize it and build content before posting in this forum.

And this requirement could be relaxed:

Forums must not have any empty forums and a good amount of content must be present.

Also if someone takes the time to post and is initially rejected, reasons should be provided to give the poster an opportunity to fix/improve. As it stands the purpose statement is open to interpretation and the possible application of double standards IMO.
(2016-07-30, 09:53 AM)Ashley1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-07-29, 10:56 PM)Ben Cousins Wrote: [ -> ]

Which one?

The stated purpose itself could be amended. If strictly applied, I don't see these sites being listed here:

The MyBB Showcase is for showing off an existing community and should not be used as a starting point for advertising a new forum.

The aim of the Showcase forum is to demonstrate the potential of MyBB. If your forum is new and empty please customize it and build content before posting in this forum.

And this requirement could be relaxed:

Forums must not have any empty forums and a good amount of content must be present.

Also if someone takes the time to post and is initially rejected, reasons should be provided to give the poster an opportunity to fix/improve. As it stands the purpose statement is open to interpretation and the possible application of double standards IMO.

I strongly disagree.

Let's put it this way; I pop open a new forum with the aim of advertising it here. I put in a reasonable amount of boards and start topics everywhere. I post it here. I mean, hey, it's a community for MyBB. I'll be bringing in traffic galore.

Two weeks go by; no registrations. Reason: this isn't a promotion forum in and of itself. It's aim is not to promote people to visit your site. Everyone here is a webmaster. We have our own sites to deal with. We don't have the time to faff about with registering with 400 other websites. I come back to my point: if you want to advertise a new site, do it at a site built for it. This site is not that; this site will never be that.

The showcase has an unapproved submissions subforum which your topic is moved into should it not meet requirements. You can easily post a new private enquiries thread and get details of how to make your site meet the criteria to showcase here.
Then at least stick to the guideline, it's stated purpose and don't approve junk  Angry

I don't see my suggestion as a means for advertising / promotion only. It's a give and take scenario. Many other open source projects have similar forums for showcasing the project with less rigid requirements.
(2016-07-30, 12:23 PM)Ashley1 Wrote: [ -> ]Then at least stick to the guideline, it's stated purpose and don't approve junk  Angry.

Ferchrissake. The team are human; they make mistakes. The mistake has been rectified.
(2016-07-30, 09:19 PM)Ben Cousins Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-07-30, 12:23 PM)Ashley1 Wrote: [ -> ]Then at least stick to the guideline, it's stated purpose and don't approve junk  Angry.

Ferchrissake. The team are human; they make mistakes. The mistake has been rectified.

Who are you - staff ? policing my posts... I made a suggestion which still stands, before you came in here with your attitude.
(2016-07-30, 09:32 PM)Ashley1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-07-30, 09:19 PM)Ben Cousins Wrote: [ -> ]

Who are you - staff ? policing my posts... I made a suggestion which still stands, before you came in here with your attitude.

No I'm not - but I have a reasonable idea how it works. I'm not new to forums and I at least respect the staffs' stance.

Your suggestion stands; as does my point. Your last post - all it did - was complain of a double standard.

If you're so hellbent on advertising the 3000th promotion forum or the 5000th gaming forum this year, there are other sites that are better equipped than a software support forum.

Stop complaining of double standards, put some work into your site, and then you can advertise it here by showing it off. You should be proud of your site. Not throwing something together because you're hellbent on running a forum - and I see that far too regularly as it is.

For the record, in the interests of full disclosure, *I* bought it up off-site yesterday when you complained *in the thread* about it; and I explained my interpretation of the rules. How's about you try to do that instead of complaining because you can.
Pages: 1 2 3