MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Convert Database all tables from MyISAM to InnoDB Increase Performance
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi

I want to know that if I convert my mysql database all tables from MyISAM to InnoDB will increase forum performance

Thanks
It depends. You first need to figure out why your forum is experiencing performance issues. Can you provide a link to your forum and also post the debug information from the footer of your forum?
You would also lose full text searching unless you're on MySQL 5.5.
mysql -V shows this - mysql Ver 14.14 Distrib 5.6.31
Any suggestion would be very nice.
(2016-08-04, 10:17 AM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]You first need to figure out why your forum is experiencing performance issues. Can you provide a link to your forum and also post the debug information from the footer of your forum?
its too big. How can I post.

MyBB Debug Information
Page Generation
Page Generation Statistics
Page Generation Time: 30 ms No. DB Queries: 30
PHP Processing Time: 25 ms (81.41%) DB Processing Time: 6 ms (18.59%)
Extensions Used: mysqli, xml Global.php Processing Time: 18 ms
PHP Version: 5.6.23 Server Load: 4.77
GZip Encoding Status: Enabled No. Templates Used: 76 (76 Cached / 0 Manually Loaded)
Memory Usage: 8.75 MB (9175040 bytes) Memory Limit: 128M

Some time server load jumps 6-7

And to many details
Thos stats seem okay to me, is there a particular reason you think there's performance issues? How many cores does your server have?
As I am not aware too much. Can you tell me how can I know about how many cores in my server.
30 ms to generate the page (25ms PHP; 6 ms db) is "performance issue"?

That server load looks way high (4.77 means it's using 100% of 4 cores and a huge chunk of a 5th core).
Pages: 1 2