MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Template changed, no change on website
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello,

it happens quite often lately that when i make a change on a forum template, it doesn't update on the forum.
Usually this the case on css changes and fixed by doing alt+f5, but with templates it usually never happened and alt+f5 doesn't help either.

Just for testing i took out an complete line for example and its still like before.
What could this caused by?

Forum: (www.uniting-people.com/forum)
You're editing the wrong theme's template set. Hard refresh is ctrl + F5
I am editing the correct template for sure. Its the default theme.
I know that ctrl + 5 is hard refresh, just meant that it was the solution for some css cache issues.
Do you have any other caching installed on the server? If you go back to the ACP to edit it and your changes are there, then it may be being cached elsewhere.
(2016-08-06, 11:20 AM)Matt Wrote: [ -> ]Do you have any other caching installed on the server?
I don't think so. Its just the default stuff since the start of the forum (around 1 year now)
The changes i made on the ACP are still there, yes.

I just copied the whole template, reverted it (although i had to revert twice before it reverted it the template, like the first time i pressed the Revert to Original, it just reloaded the page, but it didn't change and then i did that again and it only then reverted - Maybe some mybb 1.8.7 bug?)
However i then then pasted the copied stuff back in and it worked.

Why is that so?
I doubt it's a bug as we've not had any other reports; by caching I mean caching on a server level rather than MyBB itself.

So if you just add 'test' to the index template, and save, it's still in the ACP, but doesn't display 'test' on the front end?
(2016-08-06, 11:38 AM)Matt Wrote: [ -> ]So if you just add 'test' to the index template, and save, it's still in the ACP, but doesn't display 'test' on the front end?
Thats what i did exactly and it didn't display, yes.
Do posts etc show up straight away?
(2016-08-06, 12:07 PM)Matt Wrote: [ -> ]Do posts etc show up straight away?

Yes, they do.
Can you PM me admin login details so I can have a look?
Pages: 1 2