MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Fixing table width when posting new thread or replying.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I am having some problems here.
-I set the overall width of the message board to 680px, which is working fine, except for this: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v485/x...r/look.jpg
...see how the table overlaps the boundary of the forum? How do I make it fit inside? I need to find the right thing to edit...

Could someone tell me how to fix this, please?
-It does it both when starting a new thread, or replying to another.

Thanks. Smile
I'm thinking that maybe the problem lies within the length of the attachment area.
-Check out the picture in my attachment to see what I mean.

How can I move the "Add Attachment" button down a line?
-I need some help in finding the correct area to edit... Sad
jedk Wrote:I'm thinking that maybe the problem lies within the length of the attachment area.
Indeed it does, along with the viewers screen resolution. i'd recomend designing for and using at least 800x600.

jedk Wrote:How can I move the "Add Attachment" button down a line?
This I can't help you with, sorry.
Login to you Admin CP and goto Templates -> Modify / delete -> (Your template name) -> Edit

Look for post_attachments_new and click Change Original button.

Relace everything with this:
<tr>
<td colspan="3" nowrap="nowrap"><strong>$lang->new_attachment</strong> <input type="file" name="attachment" size="40" /><br /><input type="submit" name="newattachment" value="$lang->add_attachment"  tabindex="12">
</td>
</tr>

Click Update Template button at bottom of page. When you goto post a new thread or post the Add Attachment button will be returned down one line.
Thank you, wildteen88.
-I couldn't find the right template to edit.

Much appreciated. Smile
Hmm, I have another question about the same area of the forum, so, I'm posting it here.

How do I change the color of the background for all of the different textfields that aren't automatically changed by editing the theme? For example, the "Quick Reply," the "Post Subject," the "Your Message," and the "New Attachment" textfield's background colors are making my text unreadable when trying to type something in those boxes (since I have a light blue text color). I need to change/fix this.

Any help will be much needed/appreciated. ^^
Login to your Admin CP and go to Templates -> Modify / delete -> (Your template name) -> Edit

Look for the CSS template and click the change original option button next to it.

Now look for this:
textarea, input, select, object {
	color: $theme[tabletext];
	font: $theme[normalfont];
	font-size: 10px;
}
and add the followiung after font-size: 10px;
background-color: #CCCCCC;
That will chnage the background color to any inpout fields or textboxes and give it the background color of a silvery, greyey colour.

Change where it says CCCCCC to any hexidecimal color value. Or remove #CCCCCC; and replace it with this: $theme[bodybgcolor] and that will apply your body background color you set in the AdminCP, so when you chnage the color in the AdminCP it'll affect your input boxes too.
Yeah, thanks. Smile
-I had someone show me that just a little bit ago. ^^

The help's much appreciated.
-Thank you.