MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Can't edit original help docs?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I don't have an area to edit the original help doc files. However. Labroccas plugin (MYPS) does have an edit box in the Custom Help Documents/sections area.

Shouldn't there be an edit box so we can modify those files?

Thanks

PS. If you need a screen let me know. It's late and I'm tired Smile

EDIT: Added screenshots
Not totally sure but it might have something to do with your language files being writeable (chmod 0666) or not?
You need to change them via the language files at the moment.

You can make your language files writable and use the language manager (as stated) or edit helpdocs.lang.php.
Thanks Chris,

Will this be updated for 1.4?

Was just wanting to add some detailed walk-through lessons for mods and users that included images Smile

Regards
Yeah it would be nice if all the language files were instead in the database and then cached in files instead. At least that's what I think...
That would be really confusing for users who've known the system for a long time....
But would it be better to do it that way? I don't know and that's why I'm asking.Smile Wouldn't the page loading times increase if we are pulling from the database?
File inclusions are faster than fetching from the Database.
"cached in files"...I stated they should be cached as files. I am well aware that all the languages being in the database would be an issue for speed. But the current method doesn't give much leeway for control.

If it was in the database it could be saved and written into a cache folder similar to how the CSS works if you want it a file. IMHO this makes sense. Think about the advantages.
Labrocca, if you want to make a plugin to do that, than thats fine. Since technically it's not a bug, I'll move to Suggestions & Feedback.

And sometimes speed > control.

labrocca Wrote:"cached in files"...I stated they should be cached as files.

I never stated otherwise.
Pages: 1 2