MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Built in custom forum icon
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello MyBB Community!
Everyday im thinking how to improve MyBB 2.0 ,
Before one hour i think i got somthing,
one of the most used plugins in MyBB 1.8 was MyForumIcons
Which add's an option to the forum settings to add a custom icon for each forum,
It's not a big deal but might be very useful.
I think the reducing the use of plugins will Decrease the amount of bugs and error's.

Regards, Afik.
aasdCustom
 Forum Icons
I'm neutral on this. I personally use a plugin to provide custom icons for each forum, but I could live with a plugin.
It isn't necessary for me
(2016-09-01, 08:52 PM)laie_techie Wrote: [ -> ]I'm neutral on this. I personally use a plugin to provide custom icons for each forum, but I could live with a plugin.

(2016-09-01, 09:39 PM)chack1172 Wrote: [ -> ]It isn't necessary for me

Hello guys,
i think that you didn't understand me,
Personally i know alot of people using this plugin MyForumIcons,
It's a pretty simple code, we all know that plugins are making problems some times,
when a developer develop plugin to mybb he can't make it compatible with all hundreds of plugins,
If we have a chance to avoid those problems then why not?
We are the MyBB community need's to aim high, if we can improve the system i think we should do it.

Thanks, Afik.
This is currently easily possible with CSS, so I'm not sure it needs a UI. That said I can see where some people would prefer to have a UI for it.

I'm personally against a forum icon manager, I think leaving things like this up to theme developers by way of CSS and templates makes customizing forum icons even better, and allows admins to tweak them easily when using themes.

If documentation covered customizing your forum icons for 2.0 I think that would be a nice solution.
(2016-09-02, 01:00 AM)Eric J. Wrote: [ -> ]This is currently easily possible with CSS, so I'm not sure it needs a UI. That said I can see where some people would prefer to have a UI for it.

I'm personally against a forum icon manager, I think leaving things like this up to theme developers by way of CSS and templates makes customizing forum icons even better, and allows admins to tweak them easily when using themes.

If documentation covered customizing your forum icons for 2.0 I think that would be a nice solution.

I think documentation for it would suffice.
(2016-09-02, 01:00 AM)Eric J. Wrote: [ -> ]This is currently easily possible with CSS, so I'm not sure it needs a UI. That said I can see where some people would prefer to have a UI for it.

Agreed, that will be more than enough.