MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Spambot
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Is there a way to stop it? Seems like everytime I log into support, its there...

I have Ben C on Skype and I notify him when I see it, I also report the user for spam content but how does it get past registration?
report the post(s). we try our best to take care of the spam ASAP.
They're likely human spammers. Not much you can do about them until they start posting spam. Report the post or account and let the team handle it.
Yea I always do, but Ben C told me they were bots (the ones I see regularly). I do report the users directly. Is it better to report the user or the post?
It's better to report them as we get notified.
(2016-09-05, 07:46 AM)izakgewdrick Wrote: [ -> ]Is it better to report the user or the post?

IMO, post is ideal since it takes us straight to a nice big Purge Spammer button.
(2016-09-03, 10:28 AM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]They're likely human spammers. Not much you can do about them until they start posting spam. Report the post or account and let the team handle it.

+1 on these, there isn't much that any plugin or system can do if a human registers and then passes the details to a system of bots.

Just report them like the staff had said and wait for it to get deleted by them.
Speaking of which. I have some reporting to do again lol

Its becoming more and more frequent...
Since most spam is from the same person, couldn't you just set a cooldown between posts, It wouldn't eliminate spam, but it would reduce it.
Potentially, but we'd end up throttling legitimate users at some point, would happen eventually. The other option some sites use is once > 5 people report a post it gets hidden but then that's open to abuse and replies on people actually reporting it.
Pages: 1 2 3 4