MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Too much MySQL usage.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hey,

There has been a little too much of mySQL usage by myBB.Here are the names of a few which have taken high amount if space tell me how I can reduce it.

mybb_adminlog 133.9 KB
mybb_datacache 110.6 KB
mybb_searchlog 321.8 KB
mybb_sessions 141.9 KB
mybb_templates 607.5 KB

There are more but these are the main.Can we reduce them? please help.
Login onto your admincp, look for logbooks, and then for administrator logbooks, clear them (bottom of the page).

For the cache:
Look for maintenance > cache > recount.

For the others:
Use Michael83's plugin: (Clear Database)
http://mods.mybboard.net/view.php?did=169

And set it up to your needs.
I can't even access my forum.
Yeah, we can't do anything if you just say you aren't able to access it ...
Your PHP sessions are being stored in MySQL database, not files.
Just access the admin part. Your forum may be down but the admin cp ain't

Then go to maintenance > cache > recount.
I think it's a server problem ... there's no reason for the forum to be down whilst the admin cp is up. o.o
Just for reference..

mybb_adminlog 133.9 KB - Admin logs can be pruned in the Admin CP
mybb_datacache 110.6 KB - This is necessary for MyBB to run. Do not prune it.
mybb_searchlog 321.8 KB - You can truncate this table if you like.
mybb_sessions 141.9 KB - You can clear this but it will continually grow as people visit your forum. Old values are automatically removed.
mybb_templates 607.5 KB - Do not delete anything from this. This holds all of the templates for your forum.
And I'd also like to say, that isn't much data at all. I have a forum that takes up 35 mb's of space on mysql uncompressed and my host as no problems with it. Those tables are well within acceptable bounds for any host.
I have cleared a lot of stuff but I still have the same amount of usage.The MySQL usage is not getting less my host is still saying that I have used 3.8mb although it was 3.8mb from the start.
Pages: 1 2 3