MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: What other software do you use?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Just wonderin'. What other forum software/software do you use other than the wonderful stuff created by MyBB? I use...

phpBB
Invision Power Board 1.3
CloudBB
---
Wordpress
CloudNews

What's yours?

-Aled
I only use MyBB.

MyBB for ever!
Ironically, I used to use XMB at one point, for about 2 months.

But now I'm dedicated to MyBB, best forum software ever. Better than any others. Especially phpBB
(anyone here with a good knowledge of MyBB's history will understand what is so ironic about this post)
Ah yes the current beta version of phpBB does look very promising but I still firmly believe that MyBB is the best of the free ones out there. It offers everything you'd need in terms of control over your forum and additional features for a very fair price Wink.
Sodacake Wrote:Ah yes the current beta version of phpBB does look very promising but I still firmly believe that MyBB is the best of the free ones out there. It offers everything you'd need in terms of control over your forum and additional features for a very fair price Wink.

It's RC
I use Horizon Blogging Software for my blogs ;-) You can download it at www.edgedrive.com ;-) I usually always use MyBB for my forums, excluding Edge Drive (which I didn't set up the forums, and if I had my way, I would have chosen it).
I'm a great fan of WordPress. I've written a few plugins for Wordpress and coded a few themes for it. WordPress is actually not only great as a blogging platform but also very useful as a simple CMS.
defiant Wrote:
Sodacake Wrote:Ah yes the current beta version of phpBB does look very promising but I still firmly believe that MyBB is the best of the free ones out there. It offers everything you'd need in terms of control over your forum and additional features for a very fair price Wink.

It's RC
I know it's RC that's why I said it looks very promising.Rolleyes
i'm still inlove with invision power board (latest releases), I just don't think its worth as much as they want for it now, which is why i sold my license and I am now using mybb. Mybb is the most promising in my opinion when it comes to forum scripts. Phpbb barely ever changes and is still phpbb, which i hate.

The only other script i'm using right now is cutenews Toungue
The site I'm currently working on uses only MyBB and Wordpress. My previous site ran Joomla, SMF, and Coppermine all running off of the same user database. Before that I used Mambo and IPB for years.
Pages: 1 2