MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How do I BLOCK specific words from being posted?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I do not want the Word Filter feature. That still allows the post to go through, and simply replaces the bad word with asterisks***.

I want to completely BLOCK certain words from being posted. So if a word is detected, the user gets an error message saying that that word is disallowed. 

Please advise on how to accomplish that, either with built-in functionatliy or with a plugin.

Thanks!
A plugin would be required for this. Most likely you would need to use the datahandler_post_validate_post hook and datahandler_pm_validate hook if you intend on this being applied in private messages as well. You will use the pseudo variable $this.
(2016-10-07, 12:44 PM)dragonexpert Wrote: [ -> ]A plugin would be required for this. Most likely you would need to use the datahandler_post_validate_post hook and datahandler_pm_validate hook if you intend on this being applied in private messages as well. You will use the pseudo variable $this.

Thanks. Are any existing plugins available to do this? If not, how difficult to you think it is to create?

The only one I could find was this, but its for old 1.6 and won't let me download:
http://www.mybbcentral.com/thread-6382.html
I can't find any such plugin for this, but it wouldn't really be that difficult to create. This may also help you.
(2016-10-07, 06:03 PM)dragonexpert Wrote: [ -> ]I can't find any such plugin for this, but it wouldn't really be that difficult to create. This may also help you.

I really don't have the time to learn how to code plugins. Care to give me a quote on what you would charge to build it?
bump Sad
I'm going on vacation this week, but I'll be back Tuesday October 18. If you still want it, I'd be able to do it then.
(2016-10-09, 12:39 PM)dragonexpert Wrote: [ -> ]I'm going on vacation this week, but I'll be back Tuesday October 18. If you still want it, I'd be able to do it then.

Sure, just need a quote on what I'd be looking at