MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Plugin Requests
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I am going to try my hand at taking plugin requests. I do however have some conditions:
  • I will only build things that I like the sound of or that interest me
  • I'm not interested in doing things that are really niche or have a very specific target audience
  • Whether the plugin is done for free or paid, it will be released to the community afterwards and available for free
  • If you're after something with a deadline, unless it's very small I won't be interested as I cannot commit to deadlines
Suggestions/requests in this thread rather than PMs.

I will also likely take back this offer once I realise what a bad idea it is Wink
Possibly a panic button for when you're at work browsing a forum. You set a link for a panic button and you click it whenever your boss/manager is coming to your desk or something like that
(2016-10-07, 10:30 PM)day-day Wrote: [ -> ]Possibly a panic button for when you're at work browsing a forum. You set a link for a panic button and you click it whenever your boss/manager is coming to your desk or something like that

Why not just do CTRL+W? That will close the current tab.
(2016-10-07, 11:04 PM)Sazze Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-10-07, 10:30 PM)day-day Wrote: [ -> ]Possibly a panic button for when you're at work browsing a forum. You set a link for a panic button and you click it whenever your boss/manager is coming to your desk or something like that

Why not just do CTRL+W? That will close the current tab.

Didn't even know we could do that aha

Kind of a waste, Windows has something like this built in. WIN + D or click bottom right corner to close all windows immediately.
I'mI originally had a really long post I had written up for the functionality of a security plugin I wanted to try and tackle. I saved it to a text file but now I can't find it. I had started this project a while ago and had successfully created one "event" with logging functions for all groups. Unfortunately, school and some issues have arisen and I'm no longer able to work on this. There's quite a bit I wanted to add to this plugin.

In short, actions someone takes are stored as "events". A user can view their own events from the UCP, mods can view events from everyone from the modcp, and admins can view events from everyone.

Events should include:

Action taken (and in some cases, if it was successful or not) / event type
   Time
   IP
User agent

Think of the layout like this:

[?] = last time an event of this category was logged, and if it was successful or not

- User1
  - Category 1 [?]
  - Category 2 [?]
  - Category 3 [?]
- User2
  - Category 1 [?]
  - Category 2 [?]
  - Category 3 [?]

Events that should be logged:

Logging in
   Changing password
   Changing email (for admins, show original email and new email if possible)

Some personal requests I have are that variables are able to be used in the templates so that styles can be created based on the variable. An example is highlighting the event in the UCP if it was successful, or another is creating an icon using FontAwesome/IonIcons for the event based on what kind of event it is.
Requests from me.

1. A proper upvote/downvote plugin sort of like Reddit where posts/threads can be ordered based on votes, votes are collected on user profile, etc.
2. A plugin to submit links/images, and discuss the content linked(Like Reddit) instead of only text threads.
3. A plugin modification where instead of quoted replies strung throughout the thread the replies are directly shown below the post. Or a link is given on the original post to the replies.
Would love to see all 3 of the ideas Nuance mentioned, as well as something similar to what James_0206 mentioned.

Here's a good security addon from XenForo, would you be interested in something like this? It shares some of the features as the idea James_0206 suggested. Would be really interested in this. Not an exact copy, but there's some really good features here: https://xenforo.com/community/resources/...rity.5193/

I've made a few plugins for my board, but I think a security plugin should be created by an expert.
A plugin that allows you to toggle a forum/subforum on and off. Alerts the user trying to access the off forum a friendly message notifying them of what's happened. With an optional toggle that allows mods and admins to access off forums. Maybe even add the ability to toggle the forum as hidden when off.

Pretty much mimicking the way board closed works but for forums.
(2016-10-12, 09:00 PM)Wage Wrote: [ -> ]A plugin that allows you to toggle a forum/subforum on and off. Alerts the user trying to access the off forum a friendly message notifying them of what's happened. With an optional toggle that allows mods and admins to access off forums. Maybe even add the ability to toggle the forum as hidden when off.

Pretty much mimicking the way board closed works but for forums.

Use permissions.
Pages: 1 2 3 4