MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: CANNOT LOGOUT AFTER UPGRADE TO 1.2.8?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Symptom:
Quote:Your user ID could not be verified to log you out. This may have been because a malicious Javascript was attempting to log you out automatically. If you intended to logout, please click the Logout button at the top menu.
This message appears when you try to logout after upgrading from a version of MyBB older than 1.2.8 to the latest version of MyBB.

Solution 1: Template revert
See: http://community.mybboard.net/showthread...#pid139492

Solution 2: Manual Template Edits
http://community.mybboard.net/showthread...#pid170140
Chris,

Prior to the upgrade from 1.2.7 there was no issue when logging out of Coppermine. Normally, I'd log out of Coppermine and be taken to MyBB where I would find myself logged out. Instead, I am now receiving this error:

Your user ID could not be verified to log you out. This may have been because a malicious Javascript was attempting to log you out automatically. If you intended to logout, please click the Logout button at the top menu.

(I've been receiving this error on and off since upgrading. I was the first to post same and others followed when they received the error. It would seem to be germane to 1.2.8 and not what anyone may or may not be doing. Why it comes and goes at will, I do not know).

Initially, it appeared that all was well after the upgrade. Unfortunately it now appears that this is not so.

While I would much rather stay at 1.2.8 due to the >30 enhancements, security issues that are addressed, et al., as an absolute last resort I am going to have to rollback and be certain to us use far greater due diligence before upgrading next time. This is a real pain in the neck. Six months in the making (albeit much of that getting files and categories into Coppermine) I had hoped to go Live last night, but here it sits like a lump on a log. Not good.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Lyman
You are logging out of MyBB through Coppermine? If so make sure the link includes:
&sid={$session->sid}
CraKteR Wrote:You are logging out of MyBB through Coppermine? If so make sure the link includes:
&sid={$session->sid}

Thanks. Is that a new requirement with MyBB 1.2.8? If not, then I do not understand why that would be required now. I assume you are referring to "URL of your coppermine gallery folder (no 'index.php' or similar at the end)" as found with Coppermine's config?

Thanks!

Lyman
It's a new requirement. MyBB uses this so that it's impossible for other users to log you out while you click on "special" log out links.
lgldsr Wrote:
CraKteR Wrote:You are logging out of MyBB through Coppermine? If so make sure the link includes:
&sid={$session->sid}

Thanks. Is that a new requirement with MyBB 1.2.8? If not, then I do not understand why that would be required now. I assume you are referring to "URL of your coppermine gallery folder (no 'index.php' or similar at the end)" as found with Coppermine's config?

Thanks!

Lyman

I bet you misunderstood me, it's required for the logout link.
Thanks again. Does this preface or suffix the URL? I assume that's the correct field for it, yes? (E.g., "URL of your coppermine gallery folder (no 'index.php' or similar at the end)" as found with Coppermine's config?)

Was this documented anywhere?

Many thanks again,

Lyman

destroyer Wrote:It's a new requirement. MyBB uses this so that it's impossible for other users to log you out while you click on "special" log out links.
It's only the logout link that needs to be changed. No other URL needs to be changed.

The full logout URL should be: http:// yoursite.com/yourforum/member.php?action=logout&uid={$mybb->user['uid']}&sid={$session->sid}

To clarify, no other URL needs the sid.
lgldsr Wrote:Thanks again. Does this preface or suffix the URL? I assume that's the correct field for it, yes? (E.g., "URL of your coppermine gallery folder (no 'index.php' or similar at the end)" as found with Coppermine's config?)

Was this documented anywhere?

Many thanks again,

Lyman

destroyer Wrote:It's a new requirement. MyBB uses this so that it's impossible for other users to log you out while you click on "special" log out links.

If you're using some third party Coppermine bridge, you'll need to get the author to update it. Point them to this thread.
DennisTT Wrote:It's only the logout link that needs to be changed. No other URL needs to be changed.

The full logout URL should be: http:// yoursite.com/yourforum/member.php?action=logout&uid={$mybb->user['uid']}&sid={$session->sid}

To clarify, no other URL needs the sid.

Thanks Dennis. Is that within Coppermine or MyBB?

Lyman
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5