MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Call up userid for if.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'm trying to give the owner of my forums a tag, however it doesn't seem to be working and is giving the tag to everyone.
plugin: http://mybbhacks.zingaburga.com/showthread.php?tid=260

<if $user['uid'] = 25 then><span style="color: red;">OWNER OF Forumsname</span></if>

Is $user['uid'] not the correct tag?
I've also tried $post['uid']
Goto: AdminCP > Users & Groups > Groups > (Owner group) > Username Style, And input this:

<span style="color: red;">{username}</span>
I'm not looking to make the Owner name red. I’ve already done that. What I’m trying to do is make a little tag in his postbit stating that he’s the owner.

Thanks for trying though.
Like how I have a gavel next to my name, https://gyazo.com/76f24e0f435bfff294cb8c43e5616e8f
Hay John,
you can't edit a template to a custom users,
why not just putting a user title or a group image ?
(2016-10-28, 04:42 PM)[PMC] John Wrote: [ -> ]Like how I have a gavel next to my name, https://gyazo.com/76f24e0f435bfff294cb8c43e5616e8f

Not really, as you just inserted an icon next to the Owner tag,

(2016-10-28, 05:02 PM)tphe1234 Wrote: [ -> ]Hay John,
you can't edit a template to a custom users,
why not just putting a user title or a group image ?

Let me try to explain this as I realize my explanation was pretty vague.

You know how some forum's can give people scammer tags? Well, they aren't setting people to new groups with that tag, they are going into the templates and making an if statement saying that if someone's uid is x, then they will have a tag in their postbit/profile. This is what I'm trying to accomplish. Hope you guys know what I mean.
<if $post['uid'] == 25 then><span style="color: red;">OWNER OF Forumsname</span></if>

Your mistake was using user[uid], you need to use post[uid]
(2016-10-28, 06:46 PM)Sharree Wrote: [ -> ]<if $post['uid'] == 25 then><span style="color: red;">OWNER OF Forumsname</span></if>

I tried post. Still didn't work.

EDIT: OH GOD I'M DUMB. Just realized I was using an = instead of ==. Thanks
(2016-10-28, 08:06 PM)Blacnova Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-10-28, 06:46 PM)Sharree Wrote: [ -> ]<if $post['uid'] == 25 then><span style="color: red;">OWNER OF Forumsname</span></if>

No problem.
(2016-10-28, 08:19 PM)Sharree Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-10-28, 08:06 PM)Blacnova Wrote: [ -> ]

No problem.

Just wondering, how would I do it on someone's profile? Using $profile['uid'] isn't working. Is there anywhere I can read that tells me all of these tags? Like post, user, etc?
Pages: 1 2