MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Looking for Work!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Edit:

To users looking to hire this user, I would exercise caution. Based on his own admissions, I have large doubts about him making a good staff member.
Like both Dragonexpert and Ben Cousins mentioned, I wouldn't mind seeing some kind of proof. Maybe some places you've worked before? (I mean you listed you have 2 years experience... but where? Or do they still exist anymore?)

That said, wanting to shut the thread down because someone questioned you does not really bode well. (I'd imagine at least a few never bothered to respond simply due to them feeling no need to. I mean 2 others have already asked for what they may have wanted too... The proof of experience. So why have like a dozen people all basically ask for the same thing?)
Plus you've outright ignored both Dragonexpert and Ben Cousin's request. Which, that really doesn't look good on you.  (I mean put yourself in someone else's place, if you asked them a question and they wouldn't answer or were evasive about it... how much trust would you really give them?) 
And, really, how hard would it have been to just have stated from the get go (when asked) something like:

Quote:Sure, I worked at:
- coolsite1 as a mod
- coolsite2 as admin
- coolsite3 as mod

Finally, let me just be really clear here, this is not to pick on your or anything of the sort. This is an attempt to help you understand what others want and will ask of you.
(2016-10-31, 03:56 AM)VirusZero Wrote: [ -> ]Finally, let me just be really clear here, this is not to pick on your or anything of the sort. This is an attempt to help you understand what others want and will ask of you.

I apologise to OP if it came across as that also - but bear in mind you're (OP) not the first user we've seen that has come along saying they have piles of experience in anything and everything. I run a forum that is a lot more unique than a lot of what is posted here; and I, for one, require specific people on my team. It's not as though I can go to a forum, see someone, say "Hey, want to be a mod"... I just can't.

And I get sick of seeing threads where people claim to have experience, which they don't have. Which is why I was the devils' advocate. There is nothing in your original post which gives me confidence in you as a team member anywhere, let alone on a site where you're reporting to me.

As I'm now at a computer, I'm going to type out what I couldn't earlier:

Quote:I didn't say i don't take criticism I don't take it from the same person

That's a really bad attitude to have. Here's a saying for you; "You can't please all the people, all the time" - you need to work towards it, and not just put up a wall whenever you're questioned.

Quote:there are ways of saying it mate like how the user before you said

I'm incapable of beating about the bush; I prefer to be short, direct, and to the point. Then I can't be mistaken for, I don't know, caring about the other person. I just want what everyone else wants: A successful site. And that doesn't happen overnight.

Quote:before i lose my patience with that guy

You need to refer to users by their name. They're people; not numbers. Customers, not sources of income. Etc. etc.
@BenCousins I see where you're coming from, but you're being overcritical. OP is not obligated to adhere to your preferences. OP has listed and described his/her service, so take it or leave it.

@Require I have messaged you regarding this service.
(2016-10-31, 06:54 PM)Nuance Wrote: [ -> ]@BenCousins I see where you're coming from, but you're being overcritical. OP is not obligated to adhere to your preferences. OP has listed and described his/her service, so take it or leave it

Keep reading. I requested on multiple occasions they provide proof. They're yet to do so. You're welcome to give anyone positions on your site, but I, for one, won't.
(2016-10-30, 11:10 PM)Ben Cousins Wrote: [ -> ]Edit:

To users looking to hire this user, I would exercise caution. Based on his own admissions, I have large doubts about him making a good staff member.
Please don't trash talk the OP's thread. If another user chooses to hire the user, then let them. Just stating "exercise caution" would be more than fine to make a point.

(2016-10-31, 06:54 PM)Nuance Wrote: [ -> ]@BenCousins I see where you're coming from, but you're being overcritical. OP is not obligated to adhere to your preferences. OP has listed and described his/her service, so take it or leave it.

@Require I have messaged you regarding this service.

Please be careful with any transaction of giving "admin" permissions to another user. I would highly recommend starting user off as a "moderator" and work way up as a "need by basis"
(2016-11-01, 04:20 AM)Orianthi Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-10-30, 11:10 PM)Ben Cousins Wrote: [ -> ]Edit:

To users looking to hire this user, I would exercise caution. Based on his own admissions, I have large doubts about him making a good staff  member.
Please don't trash talk the OP's thread. If another user chooses to hire the user, then let them. Just stating "exercise caution" would be more than fine to make a point.

I'm sorry I felt the need to explain why I had come to the conclusion, by drawing attention to this thread. People tend to read the first and last posts of a thread; glancing for important information - I'm guilty of it myself. From a glance, the OP looks great. When you read the thread, not so much.

Either way, I've posted what I believe to be the truth, from as I am seeing it, and that's where I'm going to leave it. I'm not engaging OP any further, unless he wishes to do so privately.
Pages: 1 2