MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Can get to Admin Page, but not Forum Page
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
One other thing: Here are all the directories.  I believe all are there. Hope this helps. I can't get a big screen capture like Matt's but I can do one by one.

Thanks,
Dan
Yes, I think this is the issue, the directories exist but the files do not.

(2016-12-11, 07:44 PM)Matt Wrote: [ -> ]Tell you what, if you PM me FTP login details, I will fix this for you, and if I don't, I will PayPal you $100.

Please take me up on this because I am getting rather stressed out by this simple issue now Smile
Thanks for your generous offer, Matt, but getting my site to work is worth far more to me than $100. Got to go. Will get back to you.
So you're not willing to even let me fix the issue for you?

I genuinely don't know what more we can offer to do for you mate. We have told you where the files you are missing can be found, and we have offered to upload them for you; I don't know why you're making this so difficult, and seemingly ignoring what we say because we're not the "right person" to be replying. On what are you basing your idea that what we're saying is wrong? If you PM me FTP details, I will fix the issue for you, and your forum will work.

I have been on this forum for almost 9 years, have 30,000 posts in support and was once support team lead, have written plugins with over 50,000 downloads and am an actual MyBB developer, I know this software better than most people and I don't know how much more experienced and knowledgeable you would want someone to be, but this is a simple case of missing files, and all I am trying to do is upload them for you. Barring any issues with your server, I would have this issue fixed within about 3 minutes of logging in.
(2016-12-11, 07:49 PM)Matt Wrote: [ -> ]So you're not willing to even let me fix the issue for you?

I genuinely don't know what more we can offer to do for you mate. We have told you where the files you are missing can be found, and we have offered to upload them for you; I don't know why you're making this so difficult, and seemingly ignoring what we say because we're not the "right person" to be replying. On what are you basing your idea that what we're saying is wrong? If you PM me FTP details, I will fix the issue for you, and your forum will work.

I have been on this forum for almost 9 years, have 30,000 posts in support and was once support team lead, have written plugins with over 50,000 downloads and am an actual MyBB developer, I know this software better than most people and I don't know how much more experienced and knowledgeable you would want someone to be, but this is a simple case of missing files, and all I am trying to do is upload them for you. Barring any issues with your server, I would have this issue fixed within about 3 minutes of logging in.
Hi Matt, sorry for the delay.  I will IM you the login.
Dan
Okay, your forum is now working. I just had to upload all the files again (as I had tried to explain in the beginning).

This was your file system before:

[Image: hhSuP00.png]

and after:

[Image: 78jl93i.png]

and here we go:

[Image: g6npwc2.png]

This was a lot more stressful than it should have been but your files are now all uploaded.

As you said you had re-run the install script several times, you'll have overwritten the data from your import from your phpBB forum, so you will need to re-run the merge system.
To all: I just sent Matt a note thanking him for his help. As he said, he was able to upload all the missing files. I compared the server files against what is on my PC after downloading and expanding the upload files and sure enough, there were many files that were not on my PC. So the bottom line is: my problem is solved, but I still don't know what I did wrong.

Happy holidays to everybody,
Dan
Pages: 1 2 3