MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Have I banned all my users? (rather urgent!!)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi there,

I have received some emails from OLD users who cannot access the forum because they appear to have been banned. However I can see nothing at this end. I have checked the profiles of the banned people, but everything is fine there.

Today I have done away with StopForumSpam,
in "Purge spammers" have changed "Delete" from "ban"
and I think nothing else.

In the "Banned IP addresses" I see nothing, although one of the addresses mentioned seems to be... mine.

Any advice??
I see many users who are posting and when viewing their profiles they do not appear to be banned. Are your users having issues registering. Your site is behind the sucuri.net proxy service. Have you adjusted your service to get the correct IP Address? Purge spammer might be IP Banning (not sure off the top of my head). That being said if you are not getting the correct IP Address, you are banning Securi IP Addresses, thereby banning all users.
Well, I have un-banned that address.
I have been with Sucuri for some time and never had any problems.
One thing... There was an entry in the "ban list" which was dated today and was empty. I have done away with that as well. I wonder if an empty fields means that all the IPs are banned (although I didn't seem to have any problems accessing the forum, but I was logged on already).
(2016-11-30, 08:42 PM)Arka Wrote: [ -> ]Well, I have un-banned that address.
I have been with Sucuri for some time and never had any problems.
One thing... There was an entry in the "ban list" which was dated today and was empty. I have done away with that as well. I wonder if an empty fields means that all the IPs are banned (although I didn't seem to have any problems accessing the forum, but I was logged on already).

It looks as if you might not be scrutinizing the IP Address from headers and banning the sucuri WAF instead. I sent you a PM with instructions on how you might be able to fix it.
you can log into your stop forum spam account, and see myspammers. Compare IP addresses and remove them from stop forum spam if good IP addresses are in there.
This morning I banned by mistake a user (I meant to delete it as it was spam). I wonder if that could have caused the issue...

(2016-11-30, 08:46 PM)metulburr Wrote: [ -> ]you can log into your stop forum spam account, and see myspammers. Compare IP addresses and remove them from stop forum spam if good IP addresses are in there.

if only I had a SFS account... It doesn't even feature in my admin panel Sad
(2016-11-30, 08:46 PM)metulburr Wrote: [ -> ]you can log into your stop forum spam account, and see myspammers. Compare IP addresses and remove them from stop forum spam if good IP addresses are in there.

For example if you banned Sucuri IP Addresses by not scrutinizing the IP Address.

(2016-11-30, 08:46 PM)Arka Wrote: [ -> ]This morning I banned by mistake a user (I meant to delete it as it was spam). I wonder if that could have caused the issue...

if only I had a SFS account... It doesn't even feature in my admin panel Sad

If you banned the IP Address and it was Sucuri you banned all users.

TL;DR | Admin CP > Configuration > Server and Optimization Options > Scrutinize User's IP address? > Yes

Tell us if that resolves your issue.
(2016-11-30, 08:50 PM)MyZeus Wrote: [ -> ]

TL;DR |     Admin CP > Configuration > Server and Optimization Options > Scrutinize User's IP address? > Yes

Tell us if that resolves your issue.

That was set to yes already ...
Quote: Scrutinize User's IP address? > Yes 
what exactly does this do?
It basically looks for the original IP address behind the proxy like cloudflare.
Pages: 1 2