MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Quick reply not working
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have a problem that when I post a quick reply, the post is shown but at the top of the thread (Post ID number is alright) and it gets where it should be when I manually refresh the page. I did try everything I managed to found on the internet that helped people, but it didn't help me.
Hi there. Before we can proceed any further can you please provide us the URL to your MyBB forum and a test user account (provide the username + password). Thanks in advance and I look forward to coming to a resolution to solve the issue Smile
This is the forum URL and for security reasons I will provide.
Test account -
Username : PTest
PW : ptestpw

For security reasons, if needed, I will provide ACP test account to MyBB team, but if needed I can copy any of the templates or give any information that is needed.
(2016-12-01, 10:34 PM)SkazzY Wrote: [ -> ]This is the forum URL and for security reasons I will provide.
Test account -
Username : PTest
PW : ptestpw

For security reasons, if needed, I will provide ACP test account to MyBB team, but if needed I can copy any of the templates or give any information that is needed.

Hi there. I was able to login and make a post through quick reply. I noticed you have to refresh for the reply to appear. Is this the issue you are trying to resolve?
Yes, I noticed it actually being displayed, but not as the last post. So basically until you refresh it is just placed somewhere at the top of the page, and when you refresh it gets where it should be.
It's a problem of the theme. Can you send us templates showthread and postbit_classic?
(2016-12-02, 08:29 PM)SkazzY Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, I noticed it actually being displayed, but not as the last post. So basically until you refresh it is just placed somewhere at the top of the page, and when you refresh it gets where it should be.

That sounds like a javascript issue. I only looked over the site briefly. I did another test now and quick reply worked perfectly see: http://forum.hq-zone.com/showthread.php?...285#pid285. OP are you still experiencing the issue?
@Deatives
The reason it worked is because your second test post was only reply to the thread, and for some reason, when you do a quick reply, the quick reply is displayed under the #1 post, or under the first post on that page.

@chack
Showthread : 
<html>
<head>
<title>{$thread['subject']}</title>
{$headerinclude}
<script type="text/javascript">
<!--
	var quickdelete_confirm = "{$lang->quickdelete_confirm}";
	var quickrestore_confirm = "{$lang->quickrestore_confirm}";
	var allowEditReason = "{$mybb->settings['alloweditreason']}";
	lang.save_changes = "{$lang->save_changes}";
	lang.cancel_edit = "{$lang->cancel_edit}";
	lang.quick_edit_update_error = "{$lang->quick_edit_update_error}";
	lang.quick_reply_post_error = "{$lang->quick_reply_post_error}";
	lang.quick_delete_error = "{$lang->quick_delete_error}";
	lang.quick_delete_success = "{$lang->quick_delete_success}";
	lang.quick_delete_thread_success = "{$lang->quick_delete_thread_success}";
	lang.quick_restore_error = "{$lang->quick_restore_error}";
	lang.quick_restore_success = "{$lang->quick_restore_success}";
	lang.editreason = "{$lang->postbit_editreason}";
// -->
</script>
<!-- jeditable (jquery) -->
<script type="text/javascript" src="{$mybb->asset_url}/jscripts/report.js?ver=1804"></script>
<script src="{$mybb->asset_url}/jscripts/jeditable/jeditable.min.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="{$mybb->asset_url}/jscripts/thread.js?ver=1804"></script>
</head>
<body>
	{$header}
	{$threadnotesbox}
	{$pollbox}
	<div class="float_left">
		{$newthread}</br>
	{$multipage}
	{$usersbrowsing}</br>
	</div>
	<div class="float_right">
		{$newreply}
	</div>
	{$ratethread}
	<table border="0" cellspacing="{$theme['borderwidth']}" cellpadding="{$theme['tablespace']}" class="tborder tfixed clear">
		<tr>
			<td class="thead">
				<div class="float_right">
					<span class="smalltext"><strong><a href="javascript:;" id="thread_modes">{$lang->thread_modes}</a>{$threadnoteslink}</strong></span>
				</div>
				<div>
					<strong>{$thread['threadprefix']}{$thread['subject']}</strong>
				</div>
			</td>
		</tr>
<tr><td id="posts_container">
	<div id="posts">
		{$posts}
	</div>
</td></tr>
		<tr>
			<td class="tfoot">
				{$search_thread}
				<div style="margin: 7px;">
					<strong><a href="{$next_oldest_link}" title="Previous Threads"><i class="fa fa-chevron-left"></i><i class="fa fa-chevron-left"></i></a> | <a href="{$next_newest_link}" title="Next threads"><i class="fa fa-chevron-right"></i><i class="fa fa-chevron-right"></i></i></strong>
				</div>
			</td>
		</tr>
	</table>
	<div class="float_left">
		{$multipage}
	</div>
	<div style="padding-top: 4px;" class="float_right">
		{$newreply}
	</div>
	<br class="clear" />
	{$quickreply}
	{$threadexbox}
	{$similarthreads}
	<br />
	<div class="float_left">
		<ul class="thread_tools">
			<li class="printable"><a href="printthread.php?tid={$tid}"><i class="fa fa-print"></i></i>&nbsp;{$lang->view_printable}</a></li>
			{$sendthread}
			<li class="subscription_{$add_remove_subscription}"><a href="usercp2.php?action={$add_remove_subscription}subscription&amp;tid={$tid}&amp;my_post_key={$mybb->post_code}"><i class="fa fa-clipboard"></i>&nbsp;{$add_remove_subscription_text}</a></li>
			{$addpoll}
		</ul>
	</div>

<div class="float_right" style="text-align: right;">
		{$moderationoptions}
		{$forumjump}
	</div>
	<br class="clear" />

{$footer}
	<div id="thread_modes_popup" class="popup_menu" style="display: none;"><div class="popup_item_container"><a href="showthread.php?mode=linear&amp;tid={$tid}&amp;pid={$pid}#pid{$pid}" class="popup_item">{$lang->linear}</a></div><div class="popup_item_container"><a href="showthread.php?mode=threaded&amp;tid={$tid}&amp;pid={$pid}#pid{$pid}" class="popup_item">{$lang->threaded}</a></div></div>
	// <!--
		if(use_xmlhttprequest == "1")
		{
			$("#thread_modes").popupMenu();
		}
	// -->
	</script>
		$(".author_avatar img").error(function () {
			$(this).unbind("error").closest('.author_avatar').remove();
		});
	</script>
</body>
</html>

postbit_classic : 
{$ignore_bit}
<table border="0" cellspacing="{$theme['borderwidth']}" cellpadding="{$theme['tablespace']}" class="tborder" style="{$post_extra_style} {$post_visibility}" id="post_{$post['pid']}">
    <tr>
        <td class="post_controls" valign="top" style="white-space: nowrap; text-align: center;"><a name="pid{$post['pid']}" id="pid{$post['pid']}"></a>
            <strong><span class="largetext">{$post['onlinestatus']}{$post['profilelink']}</span></strong><br />
        </td>
        <td class="post_controls">
            <span class="smalltext"><i class="fa fa-clock-o" title="Post Time"></i>&nbsp;{$post['postdate']} {$post['posttime']}<strong>{$post['posturl']}</strong></span>   
        </td>
    </tr>
	<tr><div class="post {$unapproved_shade}" style="{$post_visibility}" id="post_{$post['pid']}">
		<td class="trow3"  valign="top" style="white-space: nowrap; text-align: center; width:13%;"></a>
                <div class="pbt2">
		<span class="smalltext">
			<div class="postbit_box postbit_usertitle">{$post['usertitle']}</div>
			{$post['userstars']}<br />
			{$post['useravatar']}
			{$post['groupimage']}<br />
			{$post['user_details']}
		</span></div>
	</td>
	<td class="{$altbg}" valign="top">
		<table width="100%">
			<tr><td><span class="smalltext"></span>
			<br />
			<div id="pid_{$post['pid']}" class="post_body">
                        {$post['message']}
			</div>
			{$post['attachments']}
			{$post['signature']}
			<div style="text-align: right; vertical-align: bottom;" id="post_meta_{$post['pid']}">
				<div id="edited_by_{$post['pid']}">{$post['editedmsg']}</div>
				{$post['iplogged']}
			</div>
		</td></tr>
	</table>
</td>
</tr>
<tr>
	<td class="{$altbg}" style="white-space: nowrap; text-align: center; vertical-align: middle;">	<div class="postbit_buttons author_buttons float_left">{$post['button_email']}{$post['button_pm']}{$post['button_www']}{$post['button_find']}{$post['button_rep']}</div></td>
	<td class="{$altbg}" style="vertical-align: middle;">
		<table width="100%" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0">
			<tr valign="bottom">
					<div class="postbit_buttons post_management_buttons float_right">
		{$post['button_edit']}{$post['button_quickdelete']}{$post['button_quickrestore']}{$post['button_quote']}{$post['button_multiquote']}{$post['button_report']}{$post['button_warn']}{$post['button_purgespammer']}{$post['button_reply_pm']}{$post['button_replyall_pm']}{$post['button_forward_pm']}{$post['button_delete_pm']}
	</div>
			</tr>
		</table>
	</td>
</tr>
<tr>
					</table>
</tr>{$post['postrep_inline']}
</table>
{$post['postrep_outline']}

EDIT :
If the thread has 1 page, the quick reply will be shown as the 2nd post until the page is refreshed. If the thread has 2 pages, the quick reply will be shown as 3rd post until the page is refreshed. Just tested this.
Try to change postbit_classic with:
{$ignore_bit}
<div class="post {$unapproved_shade}" style="{$post_visibility}" id="post_{$post['pid']}">
<table border="0" cellspacing="{$theme['borderwidth']}" cellpadding="{$theme['tablespace']}" class="tborder" style="{$post_extra_style} {$post_visibility}" id="post_{$post['pid']}">
	<tr>
		<td class="post_controls" valign="top" style="white-space: nowrap; text-align: center;"><a name="pid{$post['pid']}" id="pid{$post['pid']}"></a>
			<strong><span class="largetext">{$post['onlinestatus']}{$post['profilelink']}</span></strong><br />
		</td>
		<td class="post_controls">
			<span class="smalltext"><i class="fa fa-clock-o" title="Post Time"></i>&nbsp;{$post['postdate']} {$post['posttime']}<strong>{$post['posturl']}</strong></span>   
		</td>
	</tr>
	<tr>
		<td class="trow3"  valign="top" style="white-space: nowrap; text-align: center; width:13%;">
			<div class="pbt2">
				<span class="smalltext">
					<div class="postbit_box postbit_usertitle">{$post['usertitle']}</div>
					{$post['userstars']}<br />
					{$post['useravatar']}
					{$post['groupimage']}<br />
					{$post['user_details']}
				</span>
			</div>
		</td>
		<td class="{$altbg}" valign="top">
			<table width="100%">
				<tr>
					<td>
						<span class="smalltext"></span>
						<br />
						<div id="pid_{$post['pid']}" class="post_body">
							{$post['message']}
						</div>
						{$post['attachments']}
						{$post['signature']}
						<div style="text-align: right; vertical-align: bottom;" id="post_meta_{$post['pid']}">
							<div id="edited_by_{$post['pid']}">{$post['editedmsg']}</div>
							{$post['iplogged']}
						</div>
					</td>
				</tr>
			</table>
		</td>
	</tr>
	<tr>
		<td class="{$altbg}" style="white-space: nowrap; text-align: center; vertical-align: middle;">
			<div class="postbit_buttons author_buttons float_left">{$post['button_email']}{$post['button_pm']}{$post['button_www']}{$post['button_find']}{$post['button_rep']}</div>
		</td>
		<td class="{$altbg}" style="vertical-align: middle;">
				<tr valign="bottom">
					<div class="postbit_buttons post_management_buttons float_right">
						{$post['button_edit']}{$post['button_quickdelete']}{$post['button_quickrestore']}{$post['button_quote']}{$post['button_multiquote']}{$post['button_report']}{$post['button_warn']}{$post['button_purgespammer']}{$post['button_reply_pm']}{$post['button_replyall_pm']}{$post['button_forward_pm']}{$post['button_delete_pm']}
					</div>
				</tr>
			</table>
		</td>
	</tr>
	<tr>
		</table>
	</tr>
	{$post['postrep_inline']}
</table>
</div>
{$post['postrep_outline']}
That code messes up my whole post display, and it doesn't fix the issue.
Pages: 1 2