MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Is there a hack like this?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
tmhai, probably. Without a full mod (he used part of an existing part in myBB) it will most likly not work as intended.

And Smethead, I said
Quote:if you like
implying it was his choice if he wanted me to do it. Toungue
tmhai Wrote:Just one question, are the recently replied topic titles meant to be on the outside of the 'Board Statistics' box?
I don't really know what you mean with that. I didn't test the code myself, so it can be dodgy. but theoretically it would work.

I'll update the code soon, but have to make homework first.
In about 3 hours i'll look into it.

k776 Wrote:And Smethead, I said
Quote:if you like
implying it was his choice if he wanted me to do it. Toungue
It looked as if you didn't want him to make the mod. Really, the sentence is kinda wierd
Sorry for te double post (it's to make the thread noticable again).
tmhai, here is what you'll have to do.
Open your index page template, and find the $mostrpeplies part that you added. Delete it (don't worry. I know what I'm doing :p)
Then, find in the same template this:
$birthdays
$forumstats
and add the following right under it:
<tr><td class="tcat"><strong>$lang->most_replied_threads</strong></td></tr><tr><td class="trow1"><div class="smalltext">$mostreplies</div></td></tr>
This will add the most replied threads to the Board Statistics table (making it dissapear if you press the - button).
<strong>$lang->most_replied_threads</strong> adds a title to the newly added part in bold (strong).
<div class="smalltext">$mostreplies</div> adds the thread names in a smaller text (depending on the theme you're using)

I might make this mod with other stats included and relase it at mybbmods.com and my new site once it's finished. Smile
thanks, ill test it out
soz, for double posting.

Yay, it works!

Ok, i have two questions:
1. Is it possible to show 'Most Recently Replied To Threads' instead of 'Most Replied To Threads', because that would be of more use?
2. If you cannot do the above, how can I shorten the most replied to list from 15 to 5?

It would be really great if you could help me with question one above, if not no. 2 is applicable. Thanks!
[Contents Removed - Things I dont want mentioned anymore]
- Bobby
tmhai Wrote:1. Is it possible to show 'Most Recently Replied To Threads' instead of 'Most Replied To Threads', because that would be of more use?
Don't you mean the latest replies? I'm working on something to make that work.

tmhai Wrote:2. If you cannot do the above, how can I shorten the most replied to list from 15 to 5?
This can be done through the AdminCP. Go to "AdminCP >> Board Settings >> Change >> General Configuration" and edit the number in the last field. In my final mod this will be different, but now you can do it this way.
Ok, the mod is done.
readme Wrote:-----***-----
CURRENT FEATURES

Adds more stats on the index page.
These include 'Most Viewed Threads', 'Most Replied-to Threads', 'Newest Replies', 'Top Posters' and 'Newest Members'.
You can choose which ones you want to show.
You can change the settings in 'AdminCP >> Board Settings >> Change >> Modification Settings'.
Works perfectly with Easy Installer v1.0.2 (and up) by decswxaqz
-----***-----
KNOWN ISSUES

Issue: "mySQL error: 1064
You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server
version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 1
Query: SELECT tid, subject, views FROM mybb_threads WHERE 1=1 ORDER BY views DESC LIMIT 0,"
Solution: Go to 'AdminCP >> Board Settings >> Change >> Modification Settings' by typing your board url with '/admin/' after it in your browser's adress bar and press the 'Submit Changes' button.
-----***-----

Screenshot: [attachment=743]

tmhai, if you want to install this, REMOVE all the things you've added and set everything back to like it was before you changed things.
Then you can install this mod either with or without EI Smile

EDIT: an update has been added to this post. This is a working version.
Ran into some problems

Quote:Found index template in mybb_templates table
Was able to find and insert mod parts into index template
Could not update mybb_templates table.
Found index_birthdays template in mybb_templates table
Could not locate right place to insert parts
Found index_stats template in mybb_templates table
Found index_whosonline template in mybb_templates table
The Settings Group already exists. The Modification Settings group will not be added to mybb_settinggroupsGot gid from Modification Settings from mybb_settinggroups table
[asoi]limit added to mybb_settings table
[asoi]length added to mybb_settings table
[asoi]mostviewed added to mybb_settings table
[asoi]mostreplied added to mybb_settings table
[asoi]newestreplies added to mybb_settings table
[asoi]topposters added to mybb_settings table
[asoi]newestmembers added to mybb_settings table
You have encountered errors while trying to update the database.

Thank you for installing Advanced Stats on Index!

Nice error systeam but is it still safe to install the PHP code on the index?
i received the same errors, help!
Is it possible, if someone could extract the code that I would have to enter, to make this mod work, thats hidden in the auto-installer. Smethead isnt around anymore.
snake1131 Wrote:Ran into some problems

Quote:Found index template in mybb_templates table
Was able to find and insert mod parts into index template
Could not update mybb_templates table.
Found index_birthdays template in mybb_templates table
Found index_stats template in mybb_templates table
Found index_whosonline template in mybb_templates table
The Settings Group already exists. The Modification Settings group will not be added to mybb_settinggroupsGot gid from Modification Settings from mybb_settinggroups table
[asoi]limit added to mybb_settings table
[asoi]length added to mybb_settings table
[asoi]mostviewed added to mybb_settings table
[asoi]mostreplied added to mybb_settings table
[asoi]newestreplies added to mybb_settings table
[asoi]topposters added to mybb_settings table
[asoi]newestmembers added to mybb_settings table
You have encountered errors while trying to update the database.

Thank you for installing Advanced Stats on Index!

Nice error systeam but is it still safe to install the PHP code on the index?
Don't worry, That's some stupid mysql errors in the code for editing your templates. I'll look what I can do to make the code working. I don't really know what's causing it. Now you can edit the templates manually. Here is what you have to do:
*Go to AdminCP >> Templates >> Modify & Delete >> Index Page templates and click on index.
*Find the code
<td class="thead">
<div class="expcolimage">
and replace it with
<td class="thead" colspan="$asoicols">
<div class="expcolimage">
*Then find the code
$forumstats
and under it, add this
$asoi
* Now save the template and open index_birthdays and find the code
<td class="tcat">
replace it with
<td class="tcat" colspan="$asoicols">
* find the code
<td class="trow1">
and replace it with
<td class="trow1" colspan="$asoicols">
* Do the same for the templates index_stats and index_whosonline

Could you please tell me if you used EI or not. And which type of mysql db you use (MyISAM, ...). Also if there is any overflow in your mybb_templates table??
(You can get most of this info via phpMyAdmin or a similar tool)

tmhai Wrote:Is it possible, if someone could extract the code that I would have to enter, to make this mod work, thats hidden in the auto-installer. Smethead isnt around anymore.
Read the above. I'm sorry I couldn't reply right away. I was in Paris.
ummm.... I can't see your forum at all!

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /home/tmhai/public_html/forums/index.php on line 287

Sad
Pages: 1 2 3