MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Where is my formatting menu bar
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
1. The formatting bar (i.e. options for font/ justification/ image insert/ etc) is not showing on the new thread page on my forum.

2. There are no images attached to various menu items ( Post New Thread, Rate, etc).

3. Can I remove the Poll option from my board? No-one has ever used it.

[attachment=38096]

azbird.net
1-https://docs.mybb.com/1.8/faq/mycode-editor-missing/
2-Goto admin cp » tools & maintainance page and run the file varification tool .
File Verification:

install/upgrade.php ........... changed
htaccess-nginx.txt ............ missing
Might not be helping you're using a 1.6 theme, can we have a test account?
(2016-12-31, 07:10 PM)iturdu Wrote: [ -> ]1-https://docs.mybb.com/1.8/faq/mycode-editor-missing/

I went through the first four solutions and found nothing to change.
The 5th solution - Revert templates - lists "codebuttons" under the non-default section. Should I revert this template to Original? What are the ramifications of this?

[attachment=38098]
Unless you've specifically changed it, revert it - like I say, you're using a theme made for 1.6 so I'm surprised you haven't had more problems. Your postbit buttons have no styling either, is that intentional?
(2016-12-31, 07:33 PM)Matt Wrote: [ -> ]Might not be helping you're using a 1.6 theme, can we have a test account?

PM'd test credentials.

My forum was upgraded from 1.6 by a helpful mod (dragonexpert). As a matter of continuity for long time users (and because I like it) I want to keep the same general appearance as much as possible. Also, every template edit is an opportunity for me to bungle my forum...

(2016-12-31, 08:00 PM)Matt Wrote: [ -> ]Unless you've specifically changed it, revert it - like I say, you're using a theme made for 1.6 so I'm surprised you haven't had more problems. Your postbit buttons have no styling either, is that intentional?

I'm guessing because the Apart Calm theme has structural similarities to the new MyBB theme?

Which ones are the postbit buttons? No - not intentional.
The postbit buttons are the ones at the bottom of all of your posts (quote, edit, report etc). These should be styled like they are on here, however yours are just text links.

MyBB 1.8 now comes with different colour schemes - the themes that Justin used to release (Afresh/Apart) are now default in MyBB, and can be enabled in the ACP, so you could keep the green theme, but it would be fully 1.8 compatible.

Also, the test login details didn't work Sad
My bad - the user is: tester (admin group)

(2016-12-31, 08:00 PM)Matt Wrote: [ -> ]Unless you've specifically changed it, revert it

Thanks for trying to help but this was not good advice. I reverted it and it is now totally screwed up and appears as a long list of text items on the page!
[attachment=38100]
Can I roll this back simply, or do I have to do some giant backup routine?
Goto templates & styles » themes » open your active theme and scroll down and select mybb or default option for editor .
Pages: 1 2