MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Latest Posts on Profile v1.1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(2017-05-26, 07:14 PM)Goobz Wrote: [ -> ]I only have one small issue with this otherwise cool plug-in. No matter where and how I change the time settings on the board, it continues to display the generic "UTC" in the Profile View. I took a few pics to show you what I am talking about.

I have the board time set for -8 w/DST Enabled. My local time is -7 w/NO DST Observed, and I made sure the profile in question had the correct time of -7 w/NO DST.

What am I missing.. It won't be the death of the board to have it with UTC, but unless you are someone like me who HAS to know UTC time (General Aviation Pilot), then it makes people guess.. lol

Any and all help is appreciated in advance! Have a great 3-Day weekend for most!

This is on my end, not yours! The issue is that the plugin displays the date using PHP's built-in date() function which displays the date in the default timezone of the server PHP is running on (I believe?). Might be just UTC by default, not sure honestly.

I've actually fixed this mostly in the next update but I've been busy with real life and haven't finished up 2.0 yet. Give me until tomorrow or so and I should be able to get you a temporary workaround using MyBB's my_date(), which takes timezones into account when formatting the date.
(2017-05-27, 02:05 AM)fizz Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-05-26, 07:14 PM)Goobz Wrote: [ -> ]I only have one small issue with this otherwise cool plug-in. No matter where and how I change the time settings on the board, it continues to display the generic "UTC" in the Profile View. I took a few pics to show you what I am talking about.

I have the board time set for -8 w/DST Enabled. My local time is -7 w/NO DST Observed, and I made sure the profile in question had the correct time of -7 w/NO DST.

What am I missing.. It won't be the death of the board to have it with UTC, but unless you are someone like me who HAS to know UTC time (General Aviation Pilot), then it makes people guess.. lol

Any and all help is appreciated in advance! Have a great 3-Day weekend for most!

This is on my end, not yours! The issue is that the plugin displays the date using PHP's built-in date() function which displays the date in the default timezone of the server PHP is running on (I believe?). Might be just UTC by default, not sure honestly.

I've actually fixed this mostly in the next update but I've been busy with real life and haven't finished up 2.0 yet. Give me until tomorrow or so and I should be able to get you a temporary workaround using MyBB's my_date(), which takes timezones into account when formatting the date.

Thank you, Fizz. In the meantime, I have a workaround in place. I threw a php.ini file in the root directory of my forums, overriding the hosting companies UTC setting. Right now, all posts show the time with the forums location in PDT at this point. This will work until you come out with v2.0.

Thanks for the quick reply!
@fizz - it has been a long time - can you release latest threads in member profile as you promised? Thank you!
Hi, can someone repair this plugin? Smile
Aware that this thread is old, but it would be very satisfying if anyone could update this plugin and maybe even add the ability to add the posts threads message content to it.
Pages: 1 2