MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How to Install MyBB 2.0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Clearly we need to finish all our posts with legal disclaimers exempting us from circumstances where our real lives may have to take priority over developing something for free, Euan Rolleyes

(2016-06-06, 10:07 AM)fallr Wrote: [ -> ]Would like to contribute something but self-learn coding takes some effort as well.

Heaven forbid you also make some effort instead of doing nothing whatsoever and then whinging about lack of progress.
I wished i could contribute to the development, but i ain't a developer. I'd love to learn it, but i feel like i am not smart enough for it. I rather focus on giving proper suggestions.

Anyway, no one should complain about free software, that's just bs. Just appreciate that they are working on 2.0 at least.
(2017-01-07, 02:55 PM)Matt Wrote: [ -> ]Clearly we need to finish all our posts with legal disclaimers exempting us from circumstances where our real lives may have to take priority over developing something for free, Euan Rolleyes

(2016-06-06, 10:07 AM)fallr Wrote: [ -> ]Would like to contribute something but self-learn coding takes some effort as well.

Heaven forbid you also make some effort instead of doing nothing whatsoever and then whinging about lack of progress.

I'm taking couses in computer science, but I have totally no background before this. And you think learning something new is like magic? Do you welcome a person who doesn't know how to code in a secured way to be in the team? If someone is wrong of course you need to point it out if you really are caring for them. How does "realizing your own mistake" turn you off from doing something?

(2017-01-07, 02:46 PM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]Ah yes, way back in June. Guess what? Plans change. I can't recall seeing any Pull Requests from you to help move things along.

I still love to help, as I said my programming knowledge were all gain through self-learning. I'm am currently taking courses in computer science so that I can further improve my skill before I can really make some reliable coding.
Quote:And you think learning something new is like magic?

No, but you seem to think that developing an entire forum software from scratch in people's free time can be done by magic.

The fact is, thousands of man hours have been put into MyBB over the years, for free, and very often, all we ever get back from people is, frankly, utter contempt and complaints that we still haven't done enough. Claiming that Euan's comments are a "mistake" is pretty abhorrent, and yes, a complete lack of any sort of thanks does turn people off from doing something, for free. When you do pass your computer science courses, I recommend you spend years developing software in your own time for free to then have the only comments you receive back being things like "well you said you'd do this, where is it", and see how long you feel like continuing.
Feel free to submit any PR's to either of the repo's and if changes are needed before the PR is merged these will be requested by a developer.
I think the initial point of this thread has been lost now - we best all get back to developing 2.0.
Pages: 1 2 3