MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyAlerts - annoying issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I have a strange problem with MyAlerts. Alerts don't display, when somebody give me a reputation, though
I marked a suitable option. I noticed, that this error appear, when two options of alerts settings are not marked:
  Receive alert when somebody replies to your thread?
  Receive alert when somebody replies to one of your subscribed threads?

If they're marked, then alerts about given reputation points appears.
What can I do, to plugin works normally?

Thanx in advance Smile

http://dyskusjebiblijne.info.pl/index.php

Test account:
Tester
test12
Someone have an idea how to resolve that problem? Smile
Check DVZ Mentions in Plugins, I think you have to sync it with posts for it to work.
(2017-04-17, 05:27 PM)Nemus Wrote: [ -> ]Check DVZ Mentions in Plugins, I think you have to sync it with posts for it to work.

But I don't have DVZ Mentions plugin on my forum.
Should I install it?
Can you give the test account a reputation, or send it a private message?

Are you saying the alerts work when you select the options for them to work? Or that they don't work when you select the options?
(2017-04-17, 07:09 PM)Nemus Wrote: [ -> ]Are you saying the alerts work when you select the options for them to work? Or that they don't work when you select the options?

The problem is only with alerts about reppoints. The rest is working regardless chosen options.
If all options are checked, then alerts about reppoints display, but when I unmark these options:

then I don't receive info about reppoints.

Quote:Can you give the test account a reputation, or send it a private message?

Yes, I did it just.
I got an alert that you modified my reputation. I didn't get an alert for a private message, maybe that comes with DVZ mentions.

When you unmark the options you wont get rep points - that's what those options are for.
(2017-04-17, 10:02 PM)Nemus Wrote: [ -> ]When you unmark the options you wont get rep points - that's what those options are for.

These?
"Receive alert when somebody replies to your thread?
Receive alert when somebody replies to one of your subscribed threads?"

But what do they have in common with receiving reppoints?
I have marked this option "Receive alert for reputation?" all the time, but
I won't get alerts about reppoints.

(2017-04-17, 10:02 PM)Nemus Wrote: [ -> ]I didn't get an alert for a private message, maybe that comes with DVZ mentions.

I installed DVZ mentions. Check now.
I recieved an alert for reputation.

I will check to see if I get an alert for a PM, other than the built in PM alert system in mybb.

[attachment=38748]
[attachment=38747]

Please send me another PM.

You have ratings for threads/posts as well thanks/likes enabled, so that will trigger alerts. You needed to install DVZ Mentions for alerts for likes, reps etc, so it should now provide alerts for Pms aswell as replies/subscriptions.

Are you saying that when you disable the rep points option, you are still getting rep point notifications? Is that correct?

Receive alert for reputation? This will give off notifications every time someone modifies reputation. If you disable it, you shouldn't get notifications for rep points.
Receive alert for Private Message (PM)? > This is disabled by default, I just enabled it, so I will now receive notifications for PMs in Alerts.
Receive alert when added to buddylist?
Receive alert when quoted in a post?
Receive an alert when someone add like to my post? This should only trigger when someone uses the like button.
Receive alert when mentioned in a post?
Receive alert when mentioned in the Shoutbox?

Okay, I left a test thread in introductions, I have disabled reputations, so please rate my post and I will let you know what happens.

I think you should disable reputations for individual posts and only have reputations per user (say one per user up to +1 for members and +3 for staff etc), as I think the alerts will notify of reputations given for individual posts if you have it enabled for replies to your threads/subscribed threads.
Quote:You have ratings for threads/posts as well thanks/likes enabled, so that will trigger alerts. 

But the issue was appearing as well, when I didn't have plugin with thanks/likes system installed.

Quote:Are you saying that when you disable the rep points option, you are still getting rep point notifications? Is that correct?

I am not getting notifications about received reppoints, when the rep points option is disabled or turned on.
If I mark all alerts option, then all overdue  rep points notifications appears .

Quote:Okay, I left a test thread in introductions, I have disabled reputations, so please rate my post and I will let you know what happens.

Okey, I did it.

Quote:I think you should disable reputations for individual posts and only have reputations per user (say one per user up to +1 for members and +3 for staff etc), as I think the alerts will notify of reputations given for individual posts if you have it enabled for replies to your threads/subscribed threads.

I disabled reputations for individual posts and I rated my profile by testing account, but
I did't get reppoints notification, although suitable option is marked.
Pages: 1 2 3