MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Posts coming up as "click to edit"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I was previously using IPS 4.1 forum software and I decided to come back to MyBB 1.8 so I merged my database but all my posts are showing "Click to edit"?

How do I fix that I'm confused. :s
there are a few different posts regarding this issue, try googling "Posts are showing up Click to edit mybb" here is one thread:
https://community.mybb.com/thread-167294...41160.html
I've done a research already, I'm just waiting for someone who can help me further with this.. All my posts are showing click to edit I tried making a test thread and it works fine but when I merged my database and looked at my posts all it says is Click to edit.

Board URL: http://generalhub.org/index.php

Someone can help please? I need this figured out urgently.
(2017-02-19, 06:38 PM)Dead-i Wrote: [ -> ]I've done a research already, I'm just waiting for someone who can help me further with this.. All my posts are showing click to edit I tried making a test thread and it works fine but when I merged my database and looked at my posts all it says is Click to edit.

Board URL: http://generalhub.org/index.php

Someone can help please? I need this figured out urgently.

I had same problem but i' dont remember exactly how i fix but i think in posbit i have some div tag extra, when i change somethings. Only delete that extra div tag and it gone.
Nevermind the support here is delayed and I see so many staff members online but not bothered to view support section lol.

I merged my old database and got rid of the one I merged yesterday.
(2017-02-20, 06:58 PM)Dead-i Wrote: [ -> ]Nevermind the support here is delayed and I see so many staff members online but not bothered to view support section lol.

Quite rude to say actually, perhaps the staff that are currently online are busy doing other things requiring their attention. There is more behind the scenes than just this freaking support forum.

Perhaps they were actually sitting back and discussing with each other how to solve your issue before posting here with an answer that is not complete and working.

The world does not revolve around you and your problem(s). Everyone has lives and things they are doing in other places. Your thread has only been up since yesterday, you have absolutely NO patience.
(2017-02-20, 07:13 PM)isoldehn Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-02-20, 06:58 PM)Dead-i Wrote: [ -> ]Nevermind the support here is delayed and I see so many staff members online but not bothered to view support section lol.

Quite rude to say actually, perhaps the staff that are currently online are busy doing other things requiring their attention. There is more behind the scenes than just this freaking support forum.

Perhaps they were actually sitting back and discussing with each other how to solve your issue before posting here with an answer that is not complete and working.

The world does not revolve around you and your problem(s). Everyone has lives and things they are doing in other places. Your thread has only been up since yesterday, you have absolutely NO patience.

Lol, for the past month see how many times I requested for urgent help that I needed and I done worth hour research before asking them for help. I'm not being rude here but if they have time to visit the forum and such and look at other peoples support and just ignore the ones that need urgent help I find that funny. It's way better to ask for support on other forums such as Nulled forums that give MyBB support, the response there is quick and fast by members and admins. Please next time don't say I don't have patience I do but seeing them coming online and replying to one topic each day is actually funny as hell.
(2017-02-20, 07:19 PM)Dead-i Wrote: [ -> ]Lol, for the past month see how many times I requested for urgent help that I needed and I done worth hour research before asking them for help. I'm not being rude here but if they have time to visit the forum and such and look at other peoples support and just ignore the ones that need urgent help I find that funny. It's way better to ask for support on other forums such as Nulled forums that give MyBB support, the response there is quick and fast by members and admins. Please next time don't say I don't have patience I do but seeing them coming online and replying to one topic each day is actually funny as hell.

But you don't. I have had many threads here on my old account that I lost the password to. Sometimes I wouldn't get a reply for a week but then I did get a reply.

It might be urgent but again, they have lives and perhaps they don't know the answer to your question.

If you have better luck on other forums then go there.

There is no reason for you to be so rude and childish like that on a public post. If you have a problem, perhaps contact them through MyBB.com Community & Site Issues or use the Private Inquiries forum to let them know of your feelings about the support given.

I know the MyBB staff work hard at what they do, there are as well few of them so it's hard to get around and answer everyone's questions in the little time of day people have (with jobs, family and personal time). Just remember, they aren't only giving support but are also currently working on the next versions of MyBB and working out kinks/bugs.

Remember this is FREE.
Free or not doesn't matter, and I don't think all the staff members are working on MyBB 2.0 lol. Like I said I've monitored their visits and posts I wouldn't say such thing If I didn't know lol. If someone spams the forum now they'll get banned within 2 mins and to answer a support thread takes 5mins lol so.. Also if you see the amount of topics that are created on daily basis especially the newbies who are new to MyBB or don't know crap they need more help but nope not a single staff member is bothered to look in the support section. Do me a favor, before judging me on what I said if you were in my situation right now and needed something done urgent would you be willing to wait 48 hours or a month or weeks lol, while they know the answer to your question but not bothered replying.

Quote: There is no reason for you to be so rude and childish like that on a public post. If you have a problem, perhaps contact them through MyBB.com Community & Site Issues or use the Private Inquiries forum to let them know of your feelings about the support given.

I'm pretty sure 50% of people except you will agree with what I'm tryna say here.. Just open your tiny eyes and see what goes on here before coming to my thread and judging me over a small sentence I made.
"Free or not doesn't matter"

Oh but it does. A free forum software, they do NOT have to offer support at all if they did not wish to do so. You are lucky enough as it is to have a free forum software with the possibility of support. Same goes to all other free forum software that do offer support.

And maybe not all staff are working on the development of MyBB 2.0 but even still, some of those that are not may not know much about development or issues like this and thus cannot answer your question.

"I'm pretty sure 50% of people except you will agree with what I'm tryna say here.. Just open your tiny eyes and see what goes on here before coming to my thread and judging me over a small sentence I made."

My 'tiny eyes' are open. I understand your frustration but again, you are being childish in the way you are trying to handle the situation.
Pages: 1 2