MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: plugins will not show up in active plugins
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
am i doing this correctly? I am trying to have the OUGC awards plugin and xthreads with youtubegallery.
The problem is that i upload them via filezilla and then i think i put them in my public html directory BUT THEY ARE NOT showing up!

What do I do? 

Thanks for your time and help Big Grin
bump bump
If it's a single PHP file it needs to be uploaded to ./inc/plugins/.
(2017-02-28, 06:11 AM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]If it's a single PHP file it needs to be uploaded to ./inc/plugins/.

nope i uploaded them to /public_html/mybb/inc via filezilla to my webhosting cpanel and they STILL won't show up?

Im at my wits end! Smile

What do I do?

Thank you very much for your help and time Smile
(2017-02-28, 02:11 PM)Bigredclaygeorgia Wrote: [ -> ]nope i uploaded them to /public_html/mybb/inc via filezilla to my webhosting cpanel and they STILL won't show up?

(2017-02-28, 06:11 AM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]If it's a single PHP file it needs to be uploaded to ./inc/plugins/.

You'll need to provide a screenshot of where you uploaded them.
you usually have to upload them to various places. One place that is always required is /inc/plugins as that is the root file for the plugin. Without anything there, your plugin wont be seen. USually plugin dev breakdown their structure in directories to show you what file needs to go where.

For example, so assuming you meant this plugin....
https://community.mybb.com/mods.php?action=view&pid=396

In upload there are 3 directories and one file named awards.php. Uploads directory would be whereever your MyBB root directory is....if your entire website is just hte forums, then most likely would be your public_html.....but maybe not?

In your MyBB root directory you will have the same directories names as shown in the plugin Upload. admin/images/inc. awards.php will go into your mybb root directory. from the plugin inc/plugins/ougc_awards.php will go into your server's inc/plugin directory, and so on and so with every other file and directory in the same manner.
(2017-02-28, 02:21 PM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-02-28, 02:11 PM)Bigredclaygeorgia Wrote: [ -> ]nope i uploaded them to /public_html/mybb/inc via filezilla to my webhosting cpanel and they STILL won't show up?

(2017-02-28, 06:11 AM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]If it's a single PHP file it needs to be uploaded to ./inc/plugins/.

You'll need to provide a screenshot of where you uploaded them.

First I uploaded the files xthread, plugin library, and OUGC awards into the public html, then i moved them to mybb, then the inc file, then finally the plugins file. (see photos below)
plugin library and hello plugins are showed on plugin list? If not there's a php error
(2017-02-28, 05:42 PM)chack1172 Wrote: [ -> ]plugin library and hello plugins are showed on plugin list? If not there's a php error

hello plugin is automatically installed in mybb but I uploaded the plugins: OUGC awards, xthreads, and plugin library.
Why is there a file called settings.php in your plugin directory?
Pages: 1 2