MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: number of lines config_settings.lang
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What happened to the config_settings.lang file?

My dutch (NL) file has 706 lines; the english file only 91. I tried to delete the lines wich had no english line, but then the dutch translations were not shown anymore.

For example, most of the 'Reputation'-translations are not listed in the english file. But they are still there if I switch the Admin-section to 'english'.

Did they moved to other lang-files?
It has all this lines because it contains translations of settings. The english file doesn't need this lines.
Thanks for explaining Chack1172, but why the english version does'nt need those lines? Are they integrated in another file on another place?
The english translation doesn't need it because configs are saved in the database in english.
mybb loads all admincp settings as elements directly from db and listed in that place as chack says.

Due that all extra langs have to write every setting name and shows you as is.

That is only for non english langs like timestam by the unix funtion of php but you can traslate either that at your own lang rewriting the function date if mybb and setting up new element in any place needed.
Thanks for explaining Chack1172 and Dark Neo 
I didn't know that.