MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Posting Bot Mod
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Is there anything like an aim bot for MyBB, where it will post replys to threads you create?
umm that would be really hard to create...and why would you need such a thing might i ask
Because my forum has no active users, and the users I do have are spam bots that don't activate their accoutns, plus I could make it so it only had permission to access and post in one forum so it wouldn't be to cluttered.
haha sadly enough i suffer from the same problem as you....forums are all fine and dandy but i have no users, and the users that i do have are spam bots..
hascet Wrote:Because my forum has no active users, and the users I do have are spam bots that don't activate their accoutns, plus I could make it so it only had permission to access and post in one forum so it wouldn't be to cluttered.
Would a bot make you think your forums were active?
If your forums are not active you may want to look at advertising. Perhaps the subject of your forums is already overly discussed on other forums?

I highly doubt that the MyBB Group will develop a bot to post on the forums as it doesn't improve MyBB as a whole and only a handful of users would want/need this.
This should probably be in the Code Modifications forum and you should be asking if anyone is willing to undertake such a plugin/modification.
I'm not looking to have a huge successful forum, just one where there are some active posters, a bot would just be fun, plus I could lmit it to only posting in a forum like Fun forum, or whatever you may want to name it...if you want me to I can make a thread or have this one moved to the Code Modifications thread, I just wanted to see if there was one available before I went asking for one to be made.
DennisTT Wrote:See http://www.alicebot.org/

Quite useful. Im going to look into this Wink
I used to have one. It was called Heidi. You could teach her things. She was fun to talk to when no-one else was around. Quite entertaining. I used to hurl abuse at her, but she loved it!
The problem is, when people look to join a forum, they look at the stats, how many people are registered etc.
I dont know what features you have but i also have the arcade and chat room. These have pulled people to mu site via word of mouth and keep them on there.
Pages: 1 2