MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Feedback: New Pagination Style
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Greetings all,

I've just finished implementing a proposed new style for the pagination system (the system which generates the page links for a thread/forum with more than one page of results) which if we receive some positive feedback about will be implemented in to MyBB 1.4.

The idea behind these changes are to make the pagination easily identifiable on the page and easier to use by all.

Example:
[Image: attachment.php?aid=6743]

The old pagination:
[Image: attachment.php?aid=6744]

As you can see, the borders and extra spacing help separate each page.

The new system also has few small changes to make the system more "intelligent" for result sets with 5 or more pages - it shows you two (can be changed) pages each side of the results and then automatically recalculates which pages should be shown if it is out of range. The first/last links have also been integrated in to the actual pagination.

We're after any comments, criticisms, or suggestions people may have before we implement this in to MyBB 1.4.

Thanks.
Perhaps if you also gave an example of the old style for comparisons sake people could at a glance decide which one they prefer. Smile
I like it, the fact that it's a bigger and more clearly defined clickable area makes it easier to use.
Not sure how it shows up for anyone else, but the bottom one looks a little cramped for me.
Browser: Firefox 2.0.0.4

See attachment.

On a more positive note, after having browsed the forums for a while with this I think I prefer the new style. Smile
Great work to those involved.
Yep, same problem here
I like it Big Grin
rh1n0 Wrote:Not sure how it shows up for anyone else, but the bottom one looks a little cramped for me.
Browser: Firefox 2.0.0.4
Exactly the same problem on Opera 9.21

Besides that, it looks way more professional than the old one... Great job.
Looks HOT!
Gimmi code/mod/plugin! Toungue
Anyways, It looks fine here, using Opera latest.
Maybe it's due to resolution?

Anyways CHRISS INCLUDE IT! Big Grin (Y)
Looks well better than the old one, more organized Smile.
Looks quite good. Maybe you could let the current page number look a bit more bold? At one stage, it wasn't very clear for me which page I was reading, until I hovered over the numbers... Toungue
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8