MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Trash Bin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Trash Bin v1.1.2

Never will someone permanently delete something accidentally. This plugin creates a trashbin within the ACP where all the permanently deleted threads and posts will be moved into. It allowes an admin to restore the thread with the posts or a single deleted post to its original location.
  • Moves permanent deleted threads and their posts to a "trash bin"
  • Moves permanent deleted post to a "trash bin"
  • Restore threads and posts
  • Automaticly remove items within trashbin older then X days (default 60 days)
  • View threads and posts within the ACP
REQUIRES PLUGIN LIBRARY TO BE INSTALLED

Support
I'll try and help where and when ever possible. Either send me a PM here or make an issue on GitHub.

Bugs/Issues

Please report any problems found at the GitHub repository for this project, in this thread or in a new thread on MyBB Community Forums. Although I will answer questions at my own forum, I prefer not to.

Help with Trash Bin
Feel free to add advice or feedback. Go to GitHub and collaborate. Help and advice is welcome. [Image: smile.gif]
Thread approved.
Thank you, really useful!
imo i have to agreed with @Eldenroot is a very usefull one i have deleted thread by error and i have to remake it from a backup.

thanks for sharing Smile
(2017-03-19, 05:47 PM)Dark Neo Wrote: [ -> ]imo i have to agreed with @Eldenroot is a very usefull one i have deleted thread by error and i have to remake it from a backup.

thanks for sharing Smile

That is where the idea came from. Especially if other admin's/mods are careless
It kinda doesn't work with soft deleted posts.

E.g. if i hit the "delete button" on a post, it gets soft deleted, though i made a change so it instead of soft it deletes permanently when you hit that button. Using this: https://community.mybb.com/thread-167454...pid1269405

It didn't work with threads either before, e.g. when you hit the delete on the first post, but with that change it works and they appear in the trash bin thread area, however it doesn't with posts.

Any idea?
Soft delete doens't trigger it ofcourse. Softdeleted posts are not deleted. They are just hidden. There is no need for that.

This is a trashbin for everything permanently deleted. It's for stopping mistakes happening.

So this is purely for Permanently deleting. Not softdeleting. Both for full threads or single posts.
Be aware that there are 2 trashbins deviding full threads from single posts

And this is made for the default way how mybb works if you hardcoded a change in then I can't really change that much
@Burnacid
Nice plugin mate...very useful Smile
Great!
Well, do you have any idea how i could make soft deleted posts become perm deleted posts, so this plugin would affect them. I mean it works for threads now, but i just need it for posts.
This should be added to mybb core
Pages: 1 2 3