MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Will myBB 2.0 have MyBB App ??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
hi 

i have one question / suggestion .

will mybb 2.0 have app in playstore and itune store , like other forum software have xenforo etc or somebody configure with tapatalk ???

if not planned so it can be consider for 2.0 ?

BR
Mujeeb
Very unlikely. There just isn't enough time or resources.
Why not create one yourself?
(2017-05-27, 04:30 PM)Lunorian Wrote: [ -> ]Why not create one yourself?

Quote:There just isn't enough time or resources.

Will you fund it and provide all the resources and upkeep?
I doubt it. It sounds like quite an undertaking, it's best for the MyBB Team to focus on their software rather than venture out into mobile applications at the moment.
(2017-05-27, 07:17 PM)Zaqre Wrote: [ -> ]

*sigh*

Once again you have entirely missed the point of Lunorian's post - that is to say that there is nothing stopping the gimmepigs from creating something, such as this app, themselves.
(2017-05-27, 11:24 PM)Ben Cousins Wrote: [ -> ]

*sigh*

Once again you have entirely missed the point of Lunorian's post - that is to say that there is nothing stopping the gimmepigs from creating something, such as this app, themselves.

Just saying that rather than complaining and being frustrated due to lack of an app it's a better idea to make one yourself.

For iPhone apps you simply need to know Swift and if you'd like to publish a $100 developer fee. For Android you'll need to know Java and pays $25 developer fee to publish. Beyond that you'll need to understand the MyBB 2.0 API.

Think of it this way - you learn a new skill - and you get a sexy new app 😁
(2017-05-29, 02:53 PM)Lunorian Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-05-27, 11:24 PM)Ben Cousins Wrote: [ -> ]

*sigh*

Just saying that rather than complaining and being frustrated due to lack of an app it's a better idea to make one yourself.

Which is exactly the point I made in my post. Toungue
On topic: I feel like this has been discussed since 1.6 or earlier for each next iteration of MyBB. Simply put, making a mobile app is a large undertaking, especially considering the enormous variety in mobile phones and tablets. MyBB's devs aren't paid as it is, so adding a ton of work for a complex feature that many people won't use just doesn't make sense. There's already no release date for 2.0, so it doesn't make sense to delay it further for an extremely time-consuming mobile feature that most people/boards realistically have no use for.

Offtopic: LOL Ben and Lunorian you're agreeing with each other, you clowns Big Grin Big Grin . Ben was sighing at Zaqre's quote, not yours, Luno, because he missed the (seemingly but not necessarily) sarcastic but entirely valid point of Lunorian's first post, which was him asking why OP doesn't make the MyBB app himself instead of heaping more work on the MyBB team. Or Zaqre thought Luno was replying to Nathan in a pretty rude manner, considering he's ex-staff and has contributed quite a bit to the project. Either way, top shelf haha
We're planning to have a full API for 2.0, with oAuth based authentication. That should make creating mobile/desktop/whatever apps fairly trivial. I'll probably try making one if I get time for my own use, and others will likely develop ones for other platforms.
Pages: 1 2