MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Recent Posts on Portal? (Solved)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi everybody. I have recently migrated from SMF, and I'm having one small issue. Only one thing so far I don't like about MyBB. I can't seem to get Recent Posts on my Portal. 

Recent threads is what they offer you for the portal by default, but all that shows is the first post and how many replies it has, then you have to click that to see the replies and most recent posts on the listed topic.

I want to add a Recent Posts section to my portal, like SMF has, which will show the most recent posts, the time it was posted, and who posted it.  

Is there any way to do this? A custom PHP script reading the database, if nothing else?

I'd REALLY REALLY love some help. My old users are getting really confused with the new Portal we have on MyBB and I am in agreement with them.

Thanks much.
ADMIN CP -> Configuration Board Settings » Portal Settings and turn on Show Latest Discussions
Starlord...

Again, that shows the most recent thread. It shows the first post in the thread on the portal. To see the replies, I have to click the replies drop down at the top right of the thread on the portal.

I want to show the actual most recent posts (including replies) on the portal. Not just the most recent thread.
What about the view new posts and view today posts buttons...can you not encourage your users to click on that?
Sure, but a nice front page on the forum is preferable and I'm trying to figure out how to make it to my liking (and similar to what users are accustomed to). Plus, that does a visible query to load posts. It just feels more organic to me if all of it is just integrated into my landing page/portal.
(2017-06-05, 10:10 PM)D3d Wrote: [ -> ]Sure, but a nice front page on the forum is preferable and I'm trying to figure out how to make it to my liking (and similar to what users are accustomed to).  Plus, that does a visible query to load posts. It just feels more organic to me if all of it is just integrated into my landing page/portal.

If you mean by this, the friendly redirect pages that come up, you can turn those off globally in the ACP.

You can continue to search the plugins section, otherwise you will need a custom plugin to do what you need.
Basically, what I want is the same info that is displayed in the 'Latest Threads' Sidebar, now that I look at it. Except at the top of the portal page. It's too bad that's not a default option. Big Grin

Thanks for the tip about turning off the friendly redirect, by the way.
(2017-06-05, 10:25 PM)D3d Wrote: [ -> ]Basically, what I want is the same info that is displayed in the 'Latest Threads' Sidebar, now that I look at it. Except at the top of the portal page. It's too bad that's not a default option. Big Grin

Thanks for the tip about turning off the friendly redirect, by the way.

In that case I imagine that you could "hack" something together, since the variables are already available on that page. Variables on one page generally don't work another BTW.

eg. In the portal template:

Find {$latestthreads}

and place it above:

{$announcements}
That's what I'm thinking. I just have to figure out how it's done. I'm completely new to MyBB and still getting a feel for how everything is put together.
(2017-06-05, 10:39 PM)D3d Wrote: [ -> ]That's what I'm thinking. I just have to figure out how it's done. I'm completely new to MyBB and still getting a feel for how everything is put together.

^^I edited my post above...
Pages: 1 2