MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Quoting a post with an attachment.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
When I quote a post that had an attachment (an image), that attachment isn't copied in the quote.

How can I have that done?
Bump?
(2017-06-06, 08:57 PM)nuraman00 Wrote: [ -> ]When I quote a post that had an attachment (an image), that attachment isn't copied in the quote.

I asked here but still no reply.
Thanks.

Maybe this will gain some momentum as there's more than one of us asking for the same thing.
perhaps its better to have a plugin to serve above requirement.
--- moved to plugin requests ---
b
u
m
p
(2017-06-06, 08:57 PM)nuraman00 Wrote: [ -> ]When I quote a post that had an attachment (an image), that attachment isn't copied in the quote.

By making a plugin Big Grin Big Grin

In all seriousness though, do you mean you want an attached image that is displaying in a post to be copied and re-displayed when it's quoted? Or do you mean in the quoted post you just want to show that an image was attached to the original post they're quoting and let users open the attachment from the new post?
(2017-07-08, 09:51 PM)fizz Wrote: [ -> ]

By making a plugin  Big Grin  Big Grin

In all seriousness though, do you mean you want an attached image that is displaying in a post to be copied and re-displayed when it's quoted? Or do you mean in the quoted post you just want to show that *an image was attached to the original post they're quoting and **let users open the attachment from the new post?

* Image and ANY other file (attachments)

** and yes
(2017-07-08, 11:13 PM)Vanz Wrote: [ -> ]

In all seriousness though, do you mean you want an attached image that is displaying in a post to be copied and re-displayed when it's quoted? Or do you mean in the quoted post you just want to show that *an image was attached to the original post they're quoting and **let users open the attachment from the new post?

** and yes

Alright and what do you think the quote should show? Maybe just something like:
Quote:blah blah post blah blah.....

Attached files:
1. imgfilename.jpg [IMAGE/JPG]
2. txtfilename.txt [TXT]
3. archivename.zip [ZIP]
(2017-07-08, 11:24 PM)fizz Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-07-08, 11:13 PM)Vanz Wrote: [ -> ]

** and yes

Alright and what do you think the quote should show? Maybe just something like:
Quote:blah blah post blah blah.....

Attached files:
1. imgfilename.jpg [IMAGE/JPG]
2. txtfilename.txt [TXT]
3. archivename.zip [ZIP]

yes
or see  https://community.mybb.com/thread-209828.html
images are LINKS to the picture file
other file types are DOWNLOADABLE
Pages: 1 2