MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Crashed my site - now what?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I uploaded the inc folder from another website on my localhost.
Then I found a backup from last month and uploaded the inc folder from that directory.

Still not working.
Any ideas as to how to fix this thing?
Sad
in general, that could be a problem with the plugin files. can you access admin panel ?

you can rename plugins folder as pluginsold folder & check
Update - I can get as far as the admin/index.php login screen.
When I login it produces this error: A valid method was not supplied to the data handler.

This is with the plugins folder renamed to pluginsold

The index.php produces an SQL message thusly:

MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:1054 - Unknown column 'longlastip' in 'field list'Query:UPDATE myb_users SET lastvisit='1497322756', lastactive='1497364719', lastip='70.199.132.76', longlastip='1187480652' WHERE uid='1'
(2017-06-13, 12:36 PM)CloudyBright Wrote: [ -> ]Update - I can get as far as the admin/index.php login screen.
When I login it produces this error: A valid method was not supplied to the data handler.

This is with the plugins folder renamed to pluginsold

The index.php produces an SQL message thusly:

MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:1054 - Unknown column 'longlastip' in 'field list'Query:UPDATE myb_users SET lastvisit='1497322756', lastactive='1497364719', lastip='70.199.132.76', longlastip='1187480652' WHERE uid='1'

Unless you have backups of your files I would recommend you download your SQL database before attempting to make any changes, this way if it does go south you can use the merge tool and a fresh install of MyBB to save your users, posts, etc. If you would like some help feel free to add my skype and I can walk you through it (reaper_259), otherwise you can always make a copy of your old DB and use the merge tool to copy all your users, passwords, posts, attachements, and settings.
Ouch!  My backup file was from 1.6.xx
That's why uploading the backup inc folder is not working.

Maybe if I upload a fresh copy of a inc folder and manually change the settings.php file. . .?

Current status/ Successfully uploaded old version backup 1.6.17 and it's database.
It seems to be working.
Next step to disable plugins and upgrade to V 1.8.12
All is not lost
Completed restoration of old version - upgraded to latest and greatest - installed plugins and other minor mods - made current backups of files and database.
Back on the net again!