MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Posts don't fully delete for admins/mods
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Since upgrading from 1.8.3 to 1.8.12, deleting posts no longer fully deletes the post. The post sorta sits there "blank" and is visible only to admins/moderators.

How do I go back to fully delete as it did before?
There is a config to do that.
Go in ACP -> Configuration -> Posting and disable the setting Enable Soft Delete for Users.
codes in templates also need updating after upgrading MyBB version.
upgrading guidance Wrote:Visit your Admin Control Panel, then go to Templates & Style > Templates > Find Updated Templates.
This will show you a list of all the templates that have changed during the upgrade.

You can either revert these templates to their default - meaning all the changes you've made to it will be removed
- or you can see a Diff Report which will show you exactly what's changed. If you have a custom theme installed,
it is probably best that you look at the Diff Report and apply the changes you need.
(2017-06-23, 03:12 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]codes in templates also need updating after upgrading MyBB version.
upgrading guidance Wrote:Visit your Admin Control Panel, then go to Templates & Style > Templates > Find Updated Templates.
This will show you a list of all the templates that have changed during the upgrade.

You can either revert these templates to their default - meaning all the changes you've made to it will be removed
- or you can see a Diff Report which will show you exactly what's changed. If you have a custom theme installed,
it is probably best that you look at the Diff Report and apply the changes you need.

I've checked these, but am not sure what the problem is still. I've reverted the templates that involve showing posts and threads, and the problem persists. What templates are involved with viewing a thread and its replies?
postbit & postbit_classic templates should have {$deleted_bit} after {$ignore_bit} (near the top)
(2017-06-23, 04:06 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]postbit & postbit_classic templates should have {$deleted_bit} after {$ignore_bit} (near the top)

I tried reverting to the old postbit & postbit_classic templates, but it breaks even more.

After adding the  {$deleted_bit} after the {$ignore_bit}, the post is no longer blank but says "This post by X has been deleted."
^ that is soft deleted post. it should also have show post button at the top right side of the post.

permanent deletion of posts should be done through Inline Post Moderation tools
(2017-06-23, 04:33 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]^ that is soft deleted post. it should also have show post button at the top right side of the post.

permanent deletion of posts should be done through Inline Post Moderation tools

I'm not sure how this could be, as when I check it and try to Restore or Delete Permanently, it says "Sorry, but you did not select any posts to perform inline moderation on, or your previous moderation session has expired (Automatically after 1 hour of inactivity). Please select some posts and try again. "

Likewise, when I try to permanently delete a post, it gives me the same error. I can't use inline moderation to do anything, it seems.

I can only delete posts now by clicking the red Delete button above posts, which used to delete permanently. Can I make this button do permanent deletion?

Thank you for the help.
^ you can disable soft delete feature as suggested in post #2

what is your forum url & which theme you are using ?
(2017-06-23, 04:48 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]^ you can disable soft delete feature as suggested in post #2

what is your forum url & which theme you are using ?

Soft Delete for users has always been disabled. I'm really confused at what is happening. Again, regular users cannot see these deleted posts, only admins/mods.

And it seems inline moderation is no longer possible. It gives constant errors, both in forums and threads.

http://ardently.org

We are using custom themes.
Pages: 1 2