MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Banning Questions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
1) Can i do a ban in a host or many hosts using wildcards for example .aol.com ?
2) can i do the same for nick banning for example "pussy" so no usernames containing this word to be able to register?
Yes I think you can, look under the Users and Groups section in the adminCP and goto banning.

Also goto the Board Settings section and goto change and now look for Banning Options in that list. You'll find more advanced banning options available there
aha cool. so the format to ban 2 hosts whould be ex aol.com or forthnet.ru or do i use a wild card *aol.com for all for example
thanx
i went in the admin CP banning i added as a ban nick word grape then i did a testing registration as dickhead and didnt work. is there a way to add a word and to be able to ban that contain the bad word?
No, you would have to make a hack to do that.
Wouldn't grape* work?
Dale Wrote:Wouldn't grape* work?
Nope
% is mySQL's wildcard. Try using %grape%
The % sign is for use with LIKE, only. I doubt that MyBB uses MySQL to filter posts, though. More likely, PHP's str_replace() or preg_replace() is used. At any rate, I doubt wildcards are supported since they are not mentioned in the bad words section of the admin. cp.
no %grape% doesnt work. this is a good idea for gold an option like this or a mod