MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: add link in download mod iso upload file
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have 3 questions about the downloads mod.

1. When I make a downloadgroup I cant find a link to it.
I read somewhere else to make a button byyourselfes and link it to /download.php does this work 100%

2. Is it possible to add a link in stead of upload the file to your domain

3. Is it possible to upload the files to anpther domain, this would be better, then I do not need the linking where I am talking about in 2.
spinning Wrote:1. When I make a downloadgroup I cant find a link to it.
I read somewhere else to make a button byyourselfes and link it to /download.php does this work 100%
If the template didn't set itself properly, you can manually edit the header template and add the link.

spinning Wrote:2. Is it possible to add a link in stead of upload the file to your domain

3. Is it possible to upload the files to anpther domain, this would be better, then I do not need the linking where I am talking about in 2.
From what I understand, #2 and #3 are basically the same thing. If the file is uploaded elsewhere, the only way you're gonna direct users there is through a link.
Possible: yes, but would require you to do a bit of editing of the Downloads Section plugin. A quick and dirty alternative is to put the link in the description field, and remove the Download button through templates.
Can somebody help me with changing this pluginfile so that people can add a link in stead of to upload a file.
Find [ downloads_submit ]
<tr>
<td class="trow1"><strong>{$lang->upload_file}</strong></td>
<td class="trow1"><input type="file" class="textbox" name="attachment" size="30" /></td>
</tr>

Add Below
<tr>
<td class="trow1"><strong>External URL:</strong></td>
<td class="trow1"><input type="textbox" class="textbox" name="attachurl" size="30" /></td>
</tr>

And upload the new downloads.php into your forumroot.

If MM don't want me to distribute this, just delete my post Wink Didn't do much testing with it, so use on own risk Wink
Thanks I can add alink and download it. So it works.
Only one fault is giving to me on the top of this page:
http://www.ikf-forum.eu/downloads.php?action=view&did=1

The error is.
Warning: filesize() [function.filesize]: stat failed for /usr/home/deb4195/domains/ikf-forum.eu/public_html/./uploads/downloads/thefairysongmdr.wmv in /usr/home/deb4195/domains/ikf-forum.eu/public_html/downloads.php on line 260

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/home/deb4195/domains/ikf-forum.eu/public_html/downloads.php:260) in /usr/home/deb4195/domains/ikf-forum.eu/public_html/inc/functions.php on line 78
Just checked the file with hexeditor, no weird stuff nor white spaces before <?php . And for the other one i will check it, probably something with the file path.

Edit :: Can you try the new downloads.php ? Attached in previous post.

And as you can see on my site > http://thingiej.be/mybb129/downloads.php...view&did=1 , i don't get any warnings.
functions.php ends with this

Quote:}
?> and then the 0A hex code

is that normal???
I download this php file again, but I think you change it, now it works.

THANKS
Is it possible that only one member can upload a file.
Now a whole group can upload a file. I want something as that every download group has his/her own mod. Only this can upload/change/delete?
Try this ::

When adding new cat ::
Instead of the "SubmissionsGroups" you get a textbox for filling in the username of the "single"-uploader. There's a check if the filled in username exists.

When viewing cat ::
When the current viewer == the name you filled in when making the cat => submit button visible

When trying to view the submit page, there's also a check if the username == current viewer else error page.

I didn't delete the original code of MM, i've placed everything in comments that wasn't needed anymore.

Just replace downloads.php and /admin/downloads.php ;
If there are bugs, fix them =P
Pages: 1 2