MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: SQL Error, please help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi,

Some users can't access my forum because of a SQL error:

[Image: image.png]

I want to know what this error means and it's solution.

Thank you
have you installed a fresh forum or are you trying to use a old forum ?
Quote:Database: SQLite
SQL Error: 1 - no such table: mybb_datacache

Information: This occurs when you are using SQLite and the database table prefix is incorrect in ~/inc/config.php

To fix this, open ~/inc/config.php and check the entry for $config['database']['table_prefix'].

If you do not know what needs to be here, contact your host provider.

This error also shows when the database path is incorrect in $config['database']['database'].
To fix this, make sure the path points to where your database is stored.
(2017-09-04, 02:54 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]have you installed a fresh forum or are you trying to use a old forum ?
Quote:Database: SQLite
SQL Error: 1 - no such table: mybb_datacache

Information: This occurs when you are using SQLite and the database table prefix is incorrect in ~/inc/config.php

To fix this, open ~/inc/config.php and check the entry for $config['database']['table_prefix'].

If you do not know what needs to be here, contact your host provider.

This error also shows when the database path is incorrect in $config['database']['database'].
To fix this, make sure the path points to where your database is stored.

My forum has the lastest version, 1.8.12

I just remember that my friend had deleted a SQL table when this error start to happen. I don't remember what the specific table is, just know it's SQL.

Also, this error only happens with some members and the forum works normally.

Tomorrow I will try these solutions, thanks!

Good afternoon,

I did this procedure, and even then some members still have this error message. 

What should I do?
(2017-09-04, 03:22 AM)Chron Wrote: [ -> ]I just remember that my friend had deleted a SQL table when this error start to happen. I don't remember what the specific table is, just know it's SQL.

Good afternoon,

What should I do?

Why would you allow a friend to delete random tables from your database? With this knowledge, it is clear on why MyBB is complaining that mybb_datacache doesn't exist!

Which database software (NoSQL, MySQL, Postgresql, etc) do you use? You will need to recreate mybb_datacache and any other table your "friend" deleted.
(2017-09-05, 10:30 PM)laie_techie Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-09-04, 03:22 AM)Chron Wrote: [ -> ]I just remember that my friend had deleted a SQL table when this error start to happen. I don't remember what the specific table is, just know it's SQL.

Good afternoon,

What should I do?

Why would you allow a friend to delete random tables from your database? With this knowledge, it is clear on why MyBB is complaining that mybb_datacache doesn't exist!

Which database software (NoSQL, MySQL, Postgresql, etc) do you use? You will need to recreate mybb_datacache and any other table your "friend" deleted.

Simply because the forum is ours, he can do as he pleases.

We don't need help anymore, we'll be changing platform this week.

Anyway, thanks for the attention.

Bye.
You asked if we are competent enough to help? Sure, I found many solutions to your answer:
Are you competent enough to search google?
"no such table:my_bbdatacache"

here is your answer: no such table:my_bbdatacache

It's the one in the error. mybb_datacache. Not all requests use the datacache - as implied by the name, and hence it's an intermittent error.

Quote:We don't need help anymore, we'll be changing platform this week.

Word of warning: If you allow random people to delete random tables you'll have the same issue on any software.
(2017-09-06, 12:13 AM)Chron Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-09-05, 10:30 PM)laie_techie Wrote: [ -> ]Why would you allow a friend to delete random tables from your database? With this knowledge, it is clear on why MyBB is complaining that mybb_datacache doesn't exist!

Bye.

You're switching platforms because your friend deleted a table and caused MyBB to error out? Just recreate the mybb_datacache table and rebuild your caches from the ACP.
(2017-09-06, 03:25 AM)Michael2014 Wrote: [ -> ]You asked if we are competent enough to help? Sure, I found many solutions to your answer:
Are you competent enough to search google?
"no such table:my_bbdatacache"

here is your answer: no such table:my_bbdatacache

Lmao, I would not have created this topic if I had done it. I do not really understand programming and web design, so I came to get friendly help, sorry if my stupidity is not welcome here.

(2017-09-06, 05:42 AM)Ben Cousins Wrote: [ -> ]

It's the one in the error. mybb_datacache. Not all requests use the datacache - as implied by the name, and hence it's an intermittent error.

Word of warning: If you allow random people to delete random tables you'll have the same issue on any software.
Oh, man ... We were searching at Google about this error, we saw several sites asking to delete this table and we did it. Sorry for the lack of information when asking for help, I was very stressed.

(2017-09-06, 06:41 PM)laie_techie Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-09-06, 12:13 AM)Chron Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-09-05, 10:30 PM)laie_techie Wrote: [ -> ]Why would you allow a friend to delete random tables from your database? With this knowledge, it is clear on why MyBB is complaining that mybb_datacache doesn't exist!

Bye.

You're switching platforms because your friend deleted a table and caused MyBB to error out? Just recreate the mybb_datacache table and rebuild your caches from the ACP.

No, it's for testing purposes, I'm facing many errors using this platform and am not interested in wasting time trying to fix these errors.
(2017-09-07, 01:02 AM)Chron Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-09-06, 05:42 AM)Ben Cousins Wrote: [ -> ]

Oh, man ... We were searching at Google about this error, we saw several sites asking to delete this table and we did it. Sorry for the lack of information when asking for help, I was very stressed.

I get you were stressed, but you need to remember that MySQL is great: It literally FEEDS you the error.

Also - which site asks you to DELETE (not TRUNCATE) the datacache?
Pages: 1 2