MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [IcyBoards] My forum disappeared
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I've lost my forum while I tried change logo with 'FileZilla'. 

http://mindtheliverpool.icyboards.net

I just added two jpg files to forum directory and changed name of original logo - file. also I copied or maybe I moved (but I'm not sure, because nothing changed in forums directories in 'FileZilla') all files and folders from forums directory to my hdd.

[Image: 2017-09-07_12-02-45.jpg]

[Image: 2017-09-06_19-30-42.jpg]

When I tried to close 'FileZilla' I've got a message that operation doesn't finished. But I closed anyway because haven't seen any action on my monitor.
After that I tried to open my forum, but it already was lost.

[Image: 2017-09-07_12-11-32.jpg]

I tried to open FileZilla again, but without password or maybe because forum disappeared, I cannot do it.

[Image: 2017-09-06_19-31-05.jpg]

Is here any way to solve this problem and yes, my forum is running on icyboards.

Could you help me, plz. more then hundred users and a lot of information with photo albums for several years.

thank you for any help!
referred forum is appearing normal. if it is not working for you then try using a different web browser
(2017-09-07, 05:23 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]referred forum is appearing normal. if it is not working for you then try using a different web browser

Thank you .m.!

Sorry for late answer!

Quote:try using a different web browser

It was my the first action  Sad
Also I tried to connect from another computers in my home, but it wasn't work on any of them Sad Sad .
After your answer ('referred forum is appearing normal' - thank you for that) I successfully opened my forum in university library and in city library. Also I got information that we have a new user, so my forum still working and alive, but no in my home. But I found if I only turn off wifi on my phone and to connect to internet directly from 4G of my phone (I have the same provider mobile phone and broadband) I'm successfully opening my forum. All those things together show that it isn't problem with my computer's firewall or all brousers, something happened with my router.

Do you have any suggestion how to solve this problem? 
Will be very appreciated!
assuming that you are using windows os, have you tried flushing the DNS
[Command Prompt] > ipconfig /flushdns
(2017-09-11, 03:59 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]assuming that you are using windows os, have you tried flushing the DNS
[Command Prompt] > ipconfig /flushdns

thank you very much '.m.'!

the dns was flushed down on all computers, also the router was reseted and restarted (on/off).
but it doesn't helped at all.

any new step?

thank you!

p.s. could be this problem from my broadband provider, because I used 'FileZilla'?
You're better off asking for support on the IcyBoards Support Forum. Also, your Broadband provider has nothing to do with your FTP client.
Works fine for me...
Sounds like this user needs to call his ISP because his connection to icyBoards ain't working but everything else is. Or you know be like every other tech savy forum admin and use Google DNS: https://developers.google.com/speed/publ...docs/using .
Hmm, if people were really tech savvy, they would make sure to reset everything on his end.

If I may:

Depending on your browser & OP-System:

Settings -> Cookies & Cache: Clear all

Now, open (or search "run" on your computer and type "cmd") command prompt (RUN AS ADMIN) now, run each of these commands separately

ipconfig /release

ipconfig /all

ipconfig /flushdns

ipconfig /renew

netsh int ip set dns

netsh winsock reset

After that, restart your computer. Now, try to access the website. If you are still unable to, your DNS is more than likely still configuring - just give it 48 hours.
(2017-09-11, 06:48 PM)Max Payne Wrote: [ -> ]You're better off asking for support on the IcyBoards Support Forum. Also, your Broadband provider has nothing to do with your FTP client.

thank you Max! I will ask them, but unfortunately I don't have access to isyboards too  Sad
at the second, now providers keeps his own firewall and antivirus, so maybe (?) it makes ban for my ip to isyboard, I dont know......

(2017-09-11, 08:04 PM)Knerba Wrote: [ -> ]Works fine for me...

thank you! I closed forum's facebook account two years ago and now cannot inform users what's going on.

(2017-09-12, 03:47 AM)Lunorian Wrote: [ -> ]Sounds like this user needs to call his ISP because his connection to icyBoards ain't working but everything else is. 

thank you very much, 'Lunorian'! that's true! I don't have access to 'isyboard' only!!!
all another is avalable and working perfectly. just all computers from my home which are working from one router cannot open any 'isyboard's' links.
unfortunately my phone's internet contract is limited and I cannot use 4G on my phone.

(2017-09-12, 03:52 AM)Zaqre Wrote: [ -> ]Hmm, if people were really tech savvy, they would make sure to reset everything on his end.

If I may:

Depending on your browser & OP-System:

Settings -> Cookies & Cache: Clear all

Now, open (or search "run" on your computer and type "cmd") command prompt (RUN AS ADMIN) now, run each of these commands separately

ipconfig /release

ipconfig /all

ipconfig /flushdns

ipconfig /renew

netsh int ip set dns

netsh winsock reset

After that, restart your computer. Now, try to access the website. If you are still unable to, your DNS is more than likely still configuring - just give it 48 hours.

thank you 'Zaqre'! all done, as you suggested to me.

will wait, but if I will have a time I'll definitely will try to get the access to the isyboard forum.
Pages: 1 2