MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Show recent Posts (the entire post)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
We're are moving from ProBoards, and they have a "recent posts" (see here), which is what I am trying to replicate.  Basically, it just lists every post in ascending order by date

I've looked everywhere, but can't anything similar on MYBB (which surprises me) and also no Plugin

The main content in the portal page is close; it provides a list of posts, but only the first post in a thread.  If I can alter this somehow, that would be perfect
It looks like MyBB's default Portal Page. Look here. You could strip the portal page of everything else and basically make it look like a thread as it does at ProBoards.
Almost - That is what I noted

The Portal Page shows only new threads (by showing the first post), whereas, I would prefer to see all posts included. Is there any way to alter how it fetches its data to show all posts?
(2017-09-16, 05:27 PM)NotAdmin Wrote: [ -> ]Almost - That is what I noted

The Portal Page shows only new threads (by showing the first post), whereas, I would prefer to see all posts included. Is there any way to alter how it fetches its data to show all posts?

It's mostly just a bunch of if statements if I remember correctly. Look in the portal.php file.
Thanks Wires

A bit alien to me, but I will have a poke around today.

Could anyone push me in the right direction into what I need to alter. I have some coding knowledge, but it amateurish at best

Any help is appreciated (I will have a play around anyway and report back)

OK

In the Portal.php, I have found the following, which I'm guessing is where I need to be

Just a reminder of what I'm trying to achieve; I would like the portal page to show all recent posts, not just the first post on each new thread

A little nudge in the right direction please?

$query = $db->query("
SELECT t.*, t.username AS threadusername, u.username, u.avatar, u.avatardimensions
FROM ".TABLE_PREFIX."threads t
LEFT JOIN ".TABLE_PREFIX."users u ON (u.uid = t.uid)
WHERE t.tid IN (0{$tids}){$annfidswhere}{$tunviewwhere} AND t.visible='1' AND t.closed NOT LIKE 'moved|%'
ORDER BY t.dateline DESC
LIMIT 0, {$numannouncements}"
Any help please?
Bump

I'm having trouble deciphering the code; I know I'm in the right area, because if I adjust "ORDER BY t.dateline DESC" to "ASC", then predictably it reverses the order of the posts

Just need a little nudge in the right direction please
Thanks, Diamante, but that is not what I'm looking for

I'm looking to find a way of viewing entire posts to create a convenient space for members who utilise the entire forum to view "recent posts".

So a thread with all recent posts; much like you see on the portal (but that only shows the first post on new threads)

I think a modification of the Portal.php is all I need, but just need some help from somebody (please!)

Bump?
Bump?
Pages: 1 2 3