MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: improve template editing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
shade's plugin, FASTyle, is a massive improvement on the way templates are edited over the default way. we should look to include his plugin in the core so making template tweaks is more efficient for an admin.

https://community.mybb.com/mods.php?action=view&pid=141
I'm all in for this one. Version 2.0 is coming along and it's a massive enhancement too, it might be easy to integrate it into 1.10.
Agree. I tought to suggest some changes for templates but I dind't know what is here possible to do, but this plugin is really ok and some changes will be useful
The plugin is very nice, i use it, thanks @Shade. I hope it will be in the new version.
I think we can implement this easily within the 1.10 rewrite, I support it.
I support this, it will be a massive improvement for 1.10
I support this.

Also, it would be helpful if we could edit templates and stylesheets directly from the forum pages themselves (not just in ACP), and see the results happen as we're typing.
(2017-12-18, 06:49 AM)darkhorus Wrote: [ -> ]I support this.

Also, it would be helpful if we could edit templates and stylesheets directly from the forum pages themselves (not just in ACP), and see the results happen as we're typing.

I think that this will be too complex to implement, as well as impossible to work on it for users with small resolution screens.
Also, how you should access that option?

I don' t see use of that option...
(2017-12-18, 08:39 AM)Ikerepc Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-12-18, 06:49 AM)darkhorus Wrote: [ -> ]I support this.

I think that this will be too complex to implement, as well as impossible to work on it for users with small resolution screens.
Also, how you should access that option?

I don' t see use of that option...
Something similar to the dev options in the browser.

It would certainly make theming easier and faster.

As for small resolution screens, there would still be the option to edit in the ACP as well, as it is now.
I think that that's too complex and unnecessary darkgorus, but that could be a nice plugin in the other hand if someone have time for that Big Grin
Pages: 1 2