MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Does MyBB auto-prune inactive users?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have noticed that literally hundreds of my forum members have suddenly become "unregistered", i.e. their accounts have been deleted. The common factor between all these users is that they have all been idle for a while. Does MyBB do this automatically after a certain period or is there something else that went wrong?
MyBB doesn't do this by default. Perhaps you have a modification/plugin installed which does this, for example the AutoPrune plugin.
DennisTT Wrote:MyBB doesn't do this by default. Perhaps you have a modification/plugin installed which does this, for example the AutoPrune plugin.
Yes I activated the AutoPrune plugin but all the values were set to zero, which, according to plugin, should disable the required actions. Is there a way of restoring those accounts? I have older backups of the whole forum.
I found out that I have a separate backup of mybbb_users containing the accounts that were deleted. Is is possible to restore these accounts without affecting the accounts that were created after that backup? In other words, will the restoring of the backup bring me back the lost accounts and keep the new accounts that were created after this last backup? I need your advice before I take this step.

Regards
I'd recommend you try this:

1) Backup your entire database before you start this operation.
2) In your "separate backup of mybb_users containing the accounts that were deleted" open it in a text editor
3) In that file you will first need to isolate the "data" in mybb_users. So you'll need to find a bunch of lines that look like "INSERT INTO mybb_users (uid, ..." and copy them into another file.
4) In the new file with just the backup of the mybb_users data, find "INSERT INTO" and replace with "INSERT IGNORE INTO" (without the quotation marks of course)
5) Import the new file in phpMyAdmin.
Thank you DennisTT. I'll do that and let you know the result.
DennisTT Wrote:5) Import the new file in phpMyAdmin.

I followed these steps. All the lost accounts were restored but although they show as registered in the Member List an in the ACP, they still show as unregistered in their posts and their names or posts are not searchable in the forum itself. I asked one of them to login, and he managed to login with his username and password; he could see his profile and make changes; but still he shows as unregistered. More amazing is that his avatar appears in the Uers CP but disappears in the posts (with his name in black). There must be a missing step to make these accounts appear as active in the forum. What could it be?
Just do a "Recount & Rebuild" in the admincp of the users.
labrocca Wrote:Just do a "Recount & Rebuild" in the admincp of the users.

I swear I did that several times, but it didn't help. Thanks for your concern anyway.

Regards
Do you have a link to your forum?
Pages: 1 2