MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: HELP : Database Server Hostname
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(2018-02-13, 01:40 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]in general, localhost as server name should work on hostgator.
what is the error you get when you try using localhost ?

[see also this guidance on hostgator site]

I get this message when I use localhost:
have you selected mysqli for the database type ?
also ensure that database name & user name are correct
(2018-02-13, 04:31 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]have you selected mysqli for the database type ?
also ensure that database name & user name are correct

No. How do I do that?
inc/config.php will have your database info if you already installed MyBB.

If this is during install then you surely have the wrong information for the database.
Mysql shows the host is localhost,but it doesn't work,then what's my Database Server Hostname is?

Error

There seems to be one or more errors with the database configuration information that you supplied:
  • Could not connect to the database server at 'localhost' with the supplied username and password. Are you sure the hostname and user details are correct?
Once the above are corrected, continue with the installation.

(2018-02-13, 01:40 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]in general, localhost as server name should work on hostgator.

mysql shows the host is localhost,but it comes an error,then what should my database server is?
Error
There seems to be one or more errors with the database configuration information that you supplied:
  • Could not connect to the database server at 'localhost' with the supplied username and password. Are you sure the hostname and user details are correct?
(2018-08-08, 06:10 AM)Hope666 Wrote: [ -> ]Mysql shows the host is localhost,but it doesn't work,then what's my Database Server Hostname is?

Error

mysql shows the host is localhost,but it comes an error,then what should my database server is?
Error

Why are you responding to this 6 months after the last post in this thread?

Why did you change your username?

Technically, you created a new MyBB.com account. Why?

What was wrong with the VaneHD username?
Pages: 1 2