MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: HELP : Database Server Hostname
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Where can I find my Database Server Hostname? I tried using localhost and it didn't work. Sad
(2018-02-13, 10:58 AM)VaneHD Wrote: [ -> ]Where can I find my Database Server Hostname? I tried using localhost and it didn't work. Sad

If you are using a shared hosting service then it would be better to ask your provider or if you are on a VPS then perhaps you might forget to install the MySQL.
I've contacted my hosting provider and they didn't know.
do you have a control panel at your web host ? server details should be there

in general, when you signed up for web hosting, they send mail(s) with all technical details.
(2018-02-13, 12:45 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]do you have a control panel at your web host ? server details should be there

in general, when you signed up for web hosting, they send mail(s) with all technical details.
I have a cPanel but they haven't sent me the Database Server Hostname on my email.
^ would you like to PM me access to your web host panel to check ..
you can change your credentials later
(2018-02-13, 01:04 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]^ would you like to PM me access to your web host panel to check ..
you can change your credentials later

Well, I don't want to share my cPanel to someone that I don't know.
I would prefer help.
^ who is your web host ?
if you have phpMyAdmin link at the panel main page then click it & try to find server details ..
(2018-02-13, 01:20 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]^ who is your web host ?
if you have phpMyAdmin link at the panel main page then click it & try to find server details ..

HostGator

(2018-02-13, 01:20 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]^ who is your web host ?

I've also Private messaged you my Database details.
in general, localhost as server name should work on hostgator.
what is the error you get when you try using localhost ?

[see also this guidance on hostgator site]
Pages: 1 2