MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: slow loading speeds
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
i created a ticket for them. Thanks.

Quote:After a lot of inserts, deletes, updates, etc., you table can get fragmented and your indexes may not be optimized. I would suggest that you re-index and optimize tables

How do i re-index and optimize the tables? Again thanks for all the help

Oops nevermind found it. Not as hard as i thought it was going to be
https://community.mybb.com/thread-96305.html

and yeah that did not increase speed at all.
First try with MyBB Tools:

Admin CP -> Tools & Maintenance (Tab) -> Optimize Database (left column)

and

Admin CP -> Tools & Maintenance (Tab) -> Recount & Rebuild (left column)

You're welcome
Which storage engine are you using in MySQL? MyISAM or InnoDB?
mysql
109 queries? WTF did you add?

Your server load is 19. That's huge and it's why you have problems. You may need to tweak your my.cnf settings and load could be part of an attack.

The issue is server related you just have to figure out where the weak link is at. But maybe now you'll respect the fact that adding wasteful queries can cause detriment to a forum.

HF queries for example:

Index: 10
Profiles: 13
Search: 16
Showthread: 27 (slightly high)
Forumdisplay: 19

You need to alter plugins to cache templates.

And change storage engine to InnoDB. I don't understand why MyBB hasn't already done this.

I changed my sessions table to mem/heap a long time ago.

Really a lot should be done to optimize MyBB but my best guess is that your VPS doesn't have enough resources.

Quote:PHP Processing Time: 18.138 seconds (64.18%) DB Processing Time: 10.124 seconds (35.82%)

You need to really sort out your plugins.
(2018-02-14, 09:59 PM)metulburr Wrote: [ -> ]mysql

Yes, MySQL is the DBMS. Within MySQL there are several storage engines. You can see the storage engine in phpMyAdmin under the "Type" column:

[Image: bfEdjGN.png]

(2018-02-14, 10:03 PM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]...

And change storage engine to InnoDB. I don't understand why MyBB hasn't already done this.

I changed my sessions table to mem/heap a long time ago.

I can't remember the exact minimum MySQL version that 1.8 supports, but if I remember correctly it's a version before InnoDB supported full text indexes. That's now a solved problem in any standard version of MySQL, so hopefully we can look at moving tables to InnoDB as a future enhancement (and hopefully look at adding foreign keys whilst we're at it too).
Quote:maybe now you'll respect the fact that adding wasteful queries can cause detriment to a forum.
I would disagree. That is not the issue. For over a year i have had 50+ plugins creating 100+ queries every load and its never stopped it from being longer than 1 second loading before. So i can assure you that the number of plugins is not the reason. Almost all of the plugins were added within the first few months, and hasnt changed in years.

Why would innoDB be better than Mysql? And why is it better?

Quote:Yes, MySQL is the DBMS. Within MySQL there are several storage engines. You can see the storage engine in phpMyAdmin under the "Type" column:

Ive never used PHPMyadmin. Ive always used SSH to install/download and login to the server to change things.
(2018-02-14, 10:08 PM)metulburr Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:maybe now you'll respect the fact that adding wasteful queries can cause detriment to a forum.
I would disagree. That is not the issue. For over a year i have had 50+ plugins creating 100+ queries every load and its never stopped it from being longer than 1 second loading before. So i can assure you that the number of plugins is not the reason. Almost all of the plugins were added within the first few months, and hasnt changed in years.

Quote:Yes, MySQL is the DBMS. Within MySQL there are several storage engines. You can see the storage engine in phpMyAdmin under the "Type" column:

Ive never used PHPMyadmin. Ive always used SSH to install/download/update MyBB and login to the server.

It only takes one plugin to reach a limit that puts a forum over the edge for resources. It is certainly an issue with a plugin in combination with your resources and configuration.

Oh, and try this. Disable all plugins in your acp and see if the page loads normally. When you do this be sure to restart Apache, MySQL, and PHP (if it's a service).

You'll then be able to at least deduce if this is plugin related very quickly.
i still do not think so as i havent added anything recently. Its not like i installed a plugin and then somewhat near that had trouble.
(2018-02-14, 10:08 PM)metulburr Wrote: [ -> ]

Ive never used PHPMyadmin. Ive always used SSH to install/download/update MyBB and login to the server.

InnoDB is a storage engine inside MySQL. It is not "better than Mysql". It's better than MyISAM, which is the storage engine MyBB uses by default.

For the differences between MyISAM and InnoDB, please see here: https://stackoverflow.com/a/12614698

You can find out the storage engine used by the tables in your DB using the following query (but change the "your_db_name" to the actual database name):

SELECT TABLE_NAME, ENGINE
    FROM information_schema.TABLES
    WHERE TABLE_SCHEMA = 'your_db_name';
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6