MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Embedded videos no longer play after upgrading to 1.8.15
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
After updating from version 14 to 15, I can not visualize videos from youtube and dailymotion

mybb code error youtube and dailymotion

(2018-03-26, 06:57 PM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]We're working on version 1.8.16 to fix the issue. In the mean time, you can downlaod the fixed version of "inc/class_parser.php" here: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/mybb/m...parser.php

This is good, it working good for me.

Thanks
Smile
k maybe i am new here, but how do I install this fix?
(2018-04-23, 09:48 PM)Yaba Wrote: [ -> ]k maybe i am new here, but how do I install this fix?

Right-click on the link in the post above yours. Select "Save Link as" and then choose a location in your local filesystem to which to save the file. Then open up your FTP client and upload to your live MyBB installation the file you just saved so that it overwrites the file, "class_parser.php" in the subdirectory (of your live MyBB installation) "inc".
(2018-04-24, 07:14 AM)Laird Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-04-23, 09:48 PM)Yaba Wrote: [ -> ]k maybe i am new here, but how do I install this fix?

Right-click on the link in the post above yours. Select "Save Link as" and then choose a location in your local filesystem to which to save the file. Then open up your FTP client and upload to your live MyBB installation the file you just saved so that it overwrites the file, "class_parser.php" in the subdirectory (of your live MyBB installation) "inc".

I did exactly whats written above but it won't work on my forum. In the 'Preview Post' the Youtube appears but after clicking on 'Update Post' just the script appears on the message. Any more suggestions?
(2018-04-24, 08:38 AM)wageral Wrote: [ -> ]Any more suggestions?

Double-check that you've uploaded the correct file to the correct place, that correct place being the "inc" subdirectory of your MyBB root directory. Most FTP clients will warn when you are replacing an existing file, so if you don't remember seeing a warning, you should be especially careful with your checks. Refresh the directory listings in your FTP client (e.g. in Filezilla F5 does this), and check that the timestamp and size of the remote "class_parser.php" file match those of the local file that you uploaded (the timestamp of the remote file won't necessarily match that of the local file, but should at least be later than that of the local file).
I checked it several times and can confirm that i'm 100% sure that the new file is uploaded. It has the timestamp from today, all the others are much older.

My information in my previous post is not correct:

If I put the code in a new message it appears directly and I can play it.
After clicking on 'Preview Post' it disappears. Also after clicking on 'Update Post' it disappears.

What can I do more?
(2018-04-24, 09:10 AM)wageral Wrote: [ -> ]What can I do more?

(I'm sticking with the check, check again, and keep on checking approach because I can't think what else the problem could be. I apologise if this is annoying).

Temporarily delete the remote inc/class_parser.php file which you earlier overwrote by uploading your local file. Now try to edit a post. Do you get an error message something like "Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required '/inc/class_parser.php' in index.php on line 20"?
After replacing the file twice again it worked finally  Smile
Thanks for helping Laird!
You're welcome - glad you got it working!
(2018-04-24, 07:14 AM)Laird Wrote: [ -> ]

Worked perfectly, thank you!
Pages: 1 2 3 4