MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Upcoming mental health and interest forum needs help to get finished
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Added prefixes to the blog will need a PHP coder to rewrite things to create a filler for them like in the forum.
That is above my skill level.

Added the Google SEO plugin for better naming.
Looking at some other tweaks and improvements.

Feels I'm invisible doing all this as I really want to support others especially thorough the site bit seems I'm ignored everywhere.
Even non related stuff trying to make friends and meet new people I'm ignored like I don't even exist.

I could use all the help I can get on the site, I have the blogs articles now so I could use a writer for that.
But mainly any promotion I can get with supporting others. I'll work with others to help my site grow so I can support people in need.

Also I do and aim to provide ongoing feedback and work with developers where I can as I'm a big beleiver in helping back the plugins and systems we use.
I have already provided feedback to the hosting software I use, the theme for that, developers on here like the theme I have been trying to use and others.

I wonder if this thread should be in site showcase now.

Ultimately not sure how to get the site active but willing to do what I can.
Do not be disapointed this happens to all of us, our sites are not interactive as we would like.

I am glad that people help others but we have to think on us too and get all entire life as is, something hard but all things in earth have their time and space to get, retrieve something. I think the best way to get a balance into our lifes is be patient because all good thing take a long time to get results, sometimes npt bad at all and sometimes very good results but all in the life takes his time.

It is like a flower, you have to wait until that shows the real beauty of his nature. And only with a seed in earth and some watter, air, etc. But we have to be like all stuff who makes and help that flower can do his job and not be dead before time Smile
I actually like your forum and it seems you are putting more effort than average. Keep it up.

Quote:I made a blog.php page that hooks into a forum needs prefixes and prefix filters to filter the content if anyone can help let me know.

I coded OUGC Show In Portal to do something similar to what you do. I coded something to filter by prefix as well but couldn't find it anymore.
(2018-06-01, 12:53 AM)Omar G. Wrote: [ -> ]I actually like your forum and it seems you are putting more effort than average. Keep it up.

Quote:I made a blog.php page that hooks into a forum needs prefixes and prefix filters to filter the content if anyone can help let me know.

I coded OUGC Show In Portal to do something similar to what you do. I coded something to filter by prefix as well but couldn't find it anymore.

Thanks for the message, I try to go above and beyond in anything I try to do.
I want to make a impact into other people's lives soo much.
Also I'm very logical and can always see improvements and things of change for the better.

Though at times things feel like no matter what I try and how good I try to do it and be no one cares.
I try to put on as much effort as I can in everything I do bit I always seem to fall short then let's who seem to have things easier especially in the social scene.

I'm not happy with the theme for example and currently awaiting a update to fix responsive or MyBB 1.9 with the new responsive theme.

Also everything I find I'm making lists on no matter how small and trying to fix each one at some stage.

Thanks for the message it's very hard for me to take in as I regally seem to go unnoticed or feel not good enough in whatever I do so I always feel I have to do better and better and be more caring and supportive towards others to be able to be noticed.

The blog works just needs a drop down filtering which I'm not a php coder.

Also the content there's a little between just me and a friend so far tricking in on movies we are watching etc but yea needs more members.
Turning down marketers is getting hard when they are using tactics like without them my community isn't going to go anywhere and how the front page sucks and needs a full redesign (which I already knew).
Services being pushed (from last marketer anyway) add up $1600 for me at least as they wanted a $700 front page redesign (which is a single bootstrap page) then obviously would push for their $270 a month marketing (as one would have alreaddy invested $700 with them which would be a complete waste without any type of promotion and exposure) at 'low cost' $9 per day package and most companies want 3 months of marketing at least, and while we're at it all using 'stock images' from online *SIGH*

As I hope I have proven here I have some skills to develop and manage stuff, though I'm not too good creativity wise with design which has always been a issue with me as I've never been a creative person, I'm more technical minded.

So I'm asking anyone I can to help give me design tips for the front page.
It's in bootstrap I can do sliders, carousels, model popups and many other components easily.
I just need to know what elements I should use and what content I should have in them and I'm all good.
So just start giving feedback as much as you can.

On my forum I am giving away steam games for advice for this and unofficially offering something on paypal for anyone that goes out their way to tell me how to change the site.

I do not want people to do this for me and why I am turning all the marketers down and why I don't want you guys to do this for me.
I do want people to tell me what they would like and what to do.
I am also giving something back for the top people that help with advice on this.
I'm guessing by home page you mean: https://cajgo-support.com ? Not the community sub-domain?

If so; The header IMO needs to match. If it doesn't it looks like a different site. (Unless using some sort of hero type thing..) This should be pretty easy to accomplish as the CSS is already there in your forums theme.

Also, the AD was literally the first thing I saw, you may want to move it lower down or remove it completely because that coupled with the images and content looked like a total ad driven page which in turn would turn a lot of first time visitors away.

The images, which are links "Join us" etc.. Need to look more like buttons.. Or "Cards". I didn't really know where I could go other than the header links.

I'd also suggest adding more content on your home page, a few posts maybe, a little bit about the site anything, looking just at your home page I have no idea about what your community is about.

Your logo is also massive?

Modals, beautiful.

Is there any specific reason why you couldn't put all that pages content on the index of your forum? Ad would fit nicely, the Re-design ad could go as a secondary announcement to the one you have and you could have the 3 cards above the forums? Just my 2 cents.
Cheers for the message, I will take it all onboard.
I plan to do a complete rewrite.
Initially the front page was just something basic to have it there.

The info on the models was because I wasn't keen on a page mainly made up by just text and little too hardly any visuals.
It's something I need to redo and make things blend more.

Google ads were mainly a test, as for placement I would have to look into that as currently it's to Google's ad type settings as the only code is in the header and placement is dynamic.

Yea will need to look at the header it kinda matches as I replaced the code just links and size was adjusted between them.
Also I had hoped eventually the front page may be a headless full static or something design but I need ideas on the front layout which will work.
Most of the content is the community and I'm not planning the traditional daily news feed etc.
So the front page needs to be more showcase.

I'm not too creative so turning feedback into actual will be a issue but I am listening and will do what I can.

And yes the community sub server is just the MyBB install the main is a bootstrap front page.

Thanks for the feedback and any feedback as little or described can and will be taken on board.
Quote:The info on the models was because I wasn't keen on a page mainly made up by just text and little too hardly any visuals.
It's something I need to redo and make things blend more.

I think the cards idea would work really well for this, image with title maybe small description - and click to open modal.

Quote:Also I had hoped eventually the front page may be a headless full static or something design but I need ideas on the front layout which will work.

If you do go with this, you need a large-ish button that will forward your users to the community, preferably in the centre of the page when you land on it, you need to offer an easy way to your main content.

You definitely need to give your users a "feel" for your community on your landing page, especially if you're going for any marketing techniques.
Yep I think cards would work and will try things out.

I will do some brainstorming what I want to show rather than the boxes etc.
I'm open to suggestions on what I should be showing first then we can work the layout out around that.

Some sites still have a header with a static focused seamless page that blends into the header.
This is what I was originally thinking for the front but I'm not too creative.

I got a bit of feedback from a couple different people on different things but not too sure how we could implement it to our content as all good technical wise its the flow and creativity I struggle with as mentioned.

Keep things coming as I am 9001% open to hearing what people want for the community rather than what I want.
Still looking at working on the front page as I'm not creative trying different things in bootstrap studio I can't seem to get something decent going.

So I need a creative designer on board for this front page if anyone wants to help message me.
I've been tweaking more backend things the BAM announcements, permissions, image display size, even changed the postbit over to the normal horizontal one and had to tweak it for the theme.

I'm not sure what the {$post['subject_extra']} tag is as its not showing anything could someone fill me in?

I know with 1.9 the theme system will be changed so looking forward to that.

Also the group images when sized down the right float appears underneath it so I need some advice on fixing it for mobile users so everything merges and the group images appear at the bottom under everything.

You can see the bug here and below:
What's the best way to display this?
I know if I had the image at the bottom and a clear it may work but I don't know how to implement that in this way.
Also youtube vids etc don't show properly in mobile view with them being cut off
I know it's because the emerald theme is very buggy.
If someone wants to help us with a proper responsive theme to get rid of the buggy emerald which is utter crap with responsiveness please hook me up as we have some mobile users.
I just hope 1.9 comes soon.

https://community.cajgo-support.com/Thre...zen-Maiden

[Image: MHa88mf.png]

All in all I am still at it despite constantly questioning to myself if I should just give up and close the site down etc as it's not really gaining much traction.

I really need help on polishing it, as it stands I am not happy with the bugs etc and needs to be and do better.

Update: fixed the weird mobile positioning by adjusting the postbox so stats came first before the username then adding the stats as a float right in the global instead of none.
Looks decent now.
Pages: 1 2 3