MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Upcoming mental health and interest forum needs help to get finished
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
The site has stalled over the last few months and is kinda dead.
I know mybb and am advanced and try to go above and beyond as some know on these forums with my postings.

However I seem to be pretty invisible online and in rl and that isn't good with pr and trying to get a few initial core members as currently the site has just become only me doing behind the scenes housekeeping.

In rl and online I get pretty much ignored even from companies at times if I try to make a inquiry on a personal purchase or delivery etc.
Don't get any calls or messages in rl, hardly ever leave my house, and get no visitors that some neighbours question is this unit is empty.

So trying to run a site to help and support others anyway I can isnt working out obviously as a result.

Well if anyone has any ideas or want to help me and some pr etc let me know.

I am sick of all the online and offline bullying and mental health issues in the world and want to do something about it and connect with people to give them support but cannot do it unless I am visible to people and they want to help and to grow and spread what I want and can offer others.
(2018-10-13, 05:38 AM)drguild Wrote: [ -> ]The site has stalled over the last few months and is kinda dead.
I know mybb and am advanced and try to go above and beyond as some know on these forums with my postings.

However I seem to be pretty invisible online and in rl and that isn't good with pr and trying to get a few initial core members as currently the site has just become only me doing behind the scenes housekeeping.

In rl and online I get pretty much ignored even from companies at times if I try to make a inquiry on a personal purchase or delivery etc.
Don't get any calls or messages in rl, hardly ever leave my house, and get no visitors that some neighbours question is this unit is empty.

So trying to run a site to help and support others anyway I can isnt working out obviously as a result.

Well if anyone has any ideas or want to help me and some pr etc let me know.

I am sick of all the online and offline bullying and mental health issues in the world and want to do something about it and connect with people to give them support but cannot do it unless I am visible to people and they want to help and to grow and spread what I want and can offer others.

Aside from paying someone to do the marketing for your website, that only leaves you with one option... promote the website yourself.

The promotion of your website can be mentally draining, but the rewards are joyful. 

Increased user traffic results in more interaction within your website.

Oftentimes, people expect things to happen in an instant, but building a sizeable user base takes time, especially if the website is geared towards a specific field of interest.

Hopefully, you will figure out a plan of action that requires you to do your own promotion and start generating interest for your website.
(2018-10-13, 05:38 AM)drguild Wrote: [ -> ]The site has stalled over the last few months and is kinda dead.

[ ... ]

What a lovely idea for a forum! I hope it'll get off the ground and be the helpful resource it has the potential to be!
I am happy to see mental health (MH) issues being discussed more openly.

The invisibility is something that only you can change. For my forum (see sig.), the crucial turning points were directly related to the installation of two plugins. 
One was "my support" which allowed us to handle questions much more efficiently.  That might be more relevant for a students' forum where people have a lot of questions on assignments and terminology that can be handled via a support system, but maybe you can find a similar use for it when you have a few people who feel up to the task of giving MH advice, maybe even in a subforum where only staff and thread authors can see their threads (like the private inquiries board here).

The second boost was when i installed the "mybb publisher" plugin and cross-connected our forum with facebook, twitter and later on also with tumblr. It then took about a year of constant "housekeeping" as you called it to establish the facebook and tumbler presence in such a way that people were interested in shifting conversations from those platforms to a dedicated forum. Even with our very narrow nice, we saw registration numbers and thread numbers go up at a much higher rate than ever before. 

You can achieve the same with other plugins ("my facebook connect" etc.) as well, or with a creative IFTTT setup using the forum's RSS feed for example. 

The point is to reach people who haven't heard of your forum before and engage them in a way that motivates them to visit and register.
Already have a private person to staff / support forum active.

I am not really on social media but twitter promotion wasn't really working.

It's not just the site that invisible its me in the mmo RL also.
Even my neighbours don't know about me too much.

Overall with the site I am sick of hearing stuff about mental health issues and bullying and things like dr disrespect getting his house shot at, all the youtube vendetta people who go on crusades and witch hunts in the name of a channel giving those people bad reps who even tell them don't do it.

As well here in Australia mental health is estimated to affected 60% of the population especially younger people with a mass uptake of suicide and drug abuse etc.

The site isn't just mental health its mainly a interest based community with support as a underlying factor for the community.
So it's more focused on interests but with supporting those interests and the people.

So it's a very different concept to the generic or usual support communities and interest forums which end up with flame ward and trolling etc.
As this is a primary interest based community for a broad range of technology, anime, games etc but with a close family orientated support system in place.

It's a concept I came up from various things I have seen before and my interests and what go through myself that support communities SAS etc don't cater to my interests and interest communities are too rude and harsh and offer no support and your a outclass if you need personal support and help.

This way people can focus on their interests and building themselves up with those as thats the primary thing that helps with underlying issues doing something hobby or interest based while also getting that support they need in regard to their interests.

It's a shame I don't even a second person a partner so to say to work with to help generate ideas and concepts and to help grow the site.

And I have tried to reach out to people usually I am invisible in doing so.
Pages: 1 2 3