MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: 2.0 Development Blog
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
So you guys don't need a responsive theme only (many already available though), the ground fact is you need a responsive theme covered with a guarantee / assurance to get it updated with every single release of MyBB and thats only the point I can see behind all the voices for a default responsive theme. Other than that there is no requirement of a default front end design with an open theme development system already bundled and in place with the software.

Its a tricky demand for the assurance of the maintenance of the 'responsive' theme while you can't force the non-team designers for their already released responsive themes.

I can point you to a readily available well maintained paid responsive theme for example. Oh, wait, I said 'paid', is that a problem as well? Is it like an expectation as you are up to demand a free house built when you get the land for free?
(2018-07-01, 07:54 AM)effone Wrote: [ -> ]I can point you to a readily available well maintained paid responsive theme for example. Oh, wait, I said 'paid', is that a problem as well? Is it like an expectation as you are up to demand a free house built when you get the land for free?

No, paid is not a problem. As I said above:

(2018-07-01, 07:32 AM)amanda_2011 Wrote: [ -> ]Starting over with a 1.8 responsive theme when 1.9 is allegedly coming soon seems like a waste of time and energy.
Well then look at the themes of Johnny S. Been in touch with him for long and can assure you his themes are well maintained with support all time, just like many established and reliable theme designers around here in community. (edited).

For example : Vortex. (just an example, not a recommendation, similar quality of theme and supports available from other designers as well).
https://community.mybb.com/thread-217951.html

Point is the responsive solution is readily available for MyBB. So you can't really blame MyBB for a responsive theme and dump this awesome project choosing another.
(2018-07-01, 08:52 AM)effone Wrote: [ -> ]Well then look at the themes of Johnny S. Been in touch with him for long and can assure you his themes are well maintained with support all time. For example : Vortex.

Point is the responsive  solution is readily available for MyBB. So you can't really blame MyBB for a responsive theme and dump this awesome project choosing another.

Still don't see the point of doing this when 1.8 is soon going to be old news. I customize the themes quite a lot, so even with a well maintained theme I put in lots of hours for each version of myBB.
That applies to default theme as well. If you have much customization you have to do it with any theme with every update, no matter default or premium.

In topic, I'd like to draw your attention to my reply in other thread.
https://community.mybb.com/thread-218270...pid1307271

There is no point waiting for 1.9 for making your site responsive / mobile friendly.
(2018-07-01, 11:11 AM)amanda_2011 Wrote: [ -> ]when 1.8 is soon going to be old news

Like as not, that's still well over a year away. Don't wait.

People will keep using 1.8 even after 1.9 is out. People are still using 1.6 years after 1.8 release.

If you fix a responsive theme for 1.8 and that's the only thing you care about, then you probably won't update to 1.9 on day 1 either. Some plugins may not work with 1.9 on the day of release.

We'll only know what it will really be like - once it's there.

It always baffles me how people pin their hopes on a "future version" that may or may not come, especially not soon, and may or may not even meet your requirements, instead of just using the solutions available today.
(2018-07-01, 08:52 AM)effone Wrote: [ -> ]Well then look at the themes of Johnny S. Been in touch with him for long and can assure you his themes are well maintained with support all time. For example : Vortex.

Point is the responsive solution is readily available for MyBB. So you can't really blame MyBB for a responsive theme and dump this awesome project choosing another.

No just Johnny S, WallBB themes have been updated and maintained all the time. iAndrew also keeps his themes updates. Netpen mishrat has been doing a great job with his themes, The culture should be friendly and as a staff only one dev. should not be recommended as that is unfair to all other MyBB dev out there. Effone, you have yourself contributed so much in past for MyBB themes.
I was not recommending someone. Infact you know well I myself was theme designer once and most of them are my friends, including you.

That was just an example what I got readymade in hand, with due respect to the effort of all theme designers.

This thread is about default responsive theme and I spoke on that topic. Its not about finding the best theme designer. And once again, PLEASE, being staff member doesn't establish whatever I say is official. I am a developer of MyBB and what is official is my codes. When I speak in community I am just a member with some personal opinions.
(2018-07-01, 12:43 PM)effone Wrote: [ -> ]I was not recommending someone. Infact you know well I myself was theme designer once and most of them are my friends, including you.

That was just an example what I got readymade in hand, with due respect to the effort of all theme designers.

This thread is about default responsive theme and I spoke on that topic. Its not about finding the best theme designer. And once again, PLEASE, being staff member doesn't establish whatever I say is official. I am a developer of MyBB and what is official is my codes. When I speak in community I am just a member with some personal opinions.
I do know 100% in that way regarding your contributions and there is lot of respect from my side Smile

I posted because in the previous post only referring one designer name can give wrong implication

Quote:Been in touch with him for long and can assure you his themes are well maintained with support all time. For example : Vortex.
(2018-07-01, 01:12 PM)WallBB Wrote: [ -> ]I posted because in the previous post only referring one designer name can give wrong implication

Alright, I have edited my post, not just to make you happy but if it is being proved that there are 'many' responsive themes available and maintained by many excellent theme designers - my point of that post is even more established.

Thank you for making me more than right Big Grin
Pages: 1 2 3 4