MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: $1000 Reward for 1.9x Release
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I'm going to put my money where my mouth is.

I want 1.9x and maybe a reward for a release is what will help make it happen.

If by Sept 1, 2018 1.9.0 is officially released I will donate $1000. $500 to the MyBB project, $250 to Euan, and $250 to Justin.

Euan is doing the bulk of the coding and Justin is doing the theme work.

If you can release 1.9x by the date I will make BTC payments to those mentioned.

Can MyBB be inspired by this reward? I hope so.

EDIT: btw, this is contingent on the 1.9x release being a default responsive theme that's fully functional.
@labrocca you're a badass, but i guess its worth giving $1000 for MyBB but why you decided to do that alone? why don't we use some short of donations?

As for me i am poor soul running most of MyBB instances over LAN or my personal desktop, but i am sure i might donate something that i can afford, even a single cent.
Not talking about your $ (as I don't believe MyBB volunteers are greedy to jump in to achieve the goal you set for $), I'd like to mention here about the credits you are giving to the individuals - equal credit goes to Shade and starpaul20 for 1.9 development so far.
Maybe the developer team themselves should decide how to split the money.
The mentioned target date is just impractical considering the real life involvements of the developers.
1. Euan has a huge hectic job and whatever time he is providing to the project is sometimes just crossing his limit.
2. Shade is away for some higher studies.
3. Justin is also busy but his assigned job is going good and I can see the theme will be completed way before the release, but the fact is there is a rework as to match and convert it to the new theme system driven with twig which is yet to develop.
4. Paul Bender is slow and consistent. We can't expect much from or force him considering the fact that he is the highest commit holder of current repo.
5. Eric is dead busy with huge professional work load making complete website designs with stringent deadlines (you can't even imagine : sometimes his average work asking rate reaches as designing 1 website per day).
6. Not to mention here as I am not yet actively involved in 1.9 but my working hour per week is 60 - 72 hrs.

Whatever we are doing is out of passion and love towards MyBB and devoting best of our possible times sometimes cutting out from our personal / family involvements and that is the best what we can do. I highly doubt this can be expedited with current development strength adding a catalyst of some $.
(2018-07-01, 01:26 AM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]I'm going to put my money where my mouth is.  

I want 1.9x and maybe a reward for a release is what will help make it happen.

If by Sept 1, 2018 1.9.0 is officially released I will donate $1000. $500 to the MyBB project, $250 to Euan, and $250 to Justin.  

Euan is doing the bulk of the coding and Justin is doing the theme work.

If you can release 1.9x by the date I will make BTC payments to those mentioned.

Can MyBB be inspired by this reward? I hope so.

EDIT: btw, this is contingent on the 1.9x release being a default responsive theme that's fully functional.

more clear it can not be ...

I hope you can give that donation to MyBB development Software, they deserve it for their Job of dev.

Note: Espero que puedas donar esa plata al proyecto de mybb, son buenos desarrolladores.
(2018-07-01, 07:11 AM)effone Wrote: [ -> ]The mentioned target date is just impractical considering the real life involvements of the developers.

And there it is. The post I knew was coming. I just didn’t expect it to come from you, effone.
(2018-07-01, 10:18 PM)Ben Cousins Wrote: [ -> ]I just didn’t expect it to come from you, effone.

Ah! Ben, if you say didn't expect it to come from ME then its fine. Its my judgement and my assumption. It may be a drastically wrong statement. I didn't speak on behalf of team.

May be the team thinks differently and may be its achievable. As oppose to some of here who thinks the project is dead and the devs are incapable I know some of us developers have the capability to achieve the set goal in single hand. It just the time what has to be managed.
(2018-07-02, 07:40 AM)effone Wrote: [ -> ]As oppose to some of here who thinks the project is dead and the devs are incapable I know some of us developers have the capability to achieve the set goal in single hand. It just the time what has to be managed.

Jesus... you aren't getting this are you? We know you as a team are capable. Which is exactly why it's irking us that you (team, not you) aren't just dedicating all resources to ensuring that a responsive theme is ready to go. That really should be your priority at the moment. I don't give a crap about what editor there is... I'm composing this in plain text view, and the editor in 1.8 works fine the way it is. What does not work is a responsive theme, which is needed.
(2018-07-02, 08:12 AM)Ben Cousins Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-07-02, 07:40 AM)effone Wrote: [ -> ]As oppose to some of here who thinks the project is dead and the devs are incapable I know some of us developers have the capability to achieve the set goal in single hand. It just the time what has to be managed.

Jesus... you aren't getting this are you? We know you as a team are capable. Which is exactly why it's irking us that you (team, not you) aren't just dedicating all resources to ensuring that a responsive theme is ready to go. That really should be your priority at the moment. I don't give a crap about what editor there is... I'm composing this in plain text view, and the editor in 1.8 works fine the way it is. What does not work is a responsive theme, which is needed.

It seems you're a bit out of touch with the project and progress. Justin has finished the theme already, he is just migrating it to Twig. If 20 of us jumped in and started editing the theme it would become a huge mess of PRs and conflicts. Sounds pretty horrible to me, when Justin is very capable of finishing it and has been making awesome progress toward getting it finished.

Those of us who aren't working on the theme are trying to help elsewhere. SCEditor causes a lot of issues so it's a clear thing to resolve. Could we work more? Yes, as could you or anyone else. Do we have to? No.

As I said, Justin is making some great progress on the responsive theme and we aren't all going to go stepping on his toes while he gets that finished. Just be patient.
Pages: 1 2 3