MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Can't report content to a moderator
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(2018-07-06, 06:45 AM)effone Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-07-05, 10:39 PM)kbilly Wrote: [ -> ]I can confirm,this bug has been solved.

Thankyou guys and i hope you will fix the other bugs soon.

Best of luck.

All the identified bugs are fixed. The community forums are yet to be updated to reflect changes.

Bro,you mean,the issue with missing stars and user titles has also been fixed?
(2018-07-06, 07:29 AM)kbilly Wrote: [ -> ]Bro,you mean,the issue with missing stars and user titles has also been fixed?

Yes. The fix is under testing and the same will be merged soon.
https://github.com/mybb/mybb/pull/3315/files
Ok,that's a very good news.

A small update:

Reporting bug is still there,i ,as admin,can report but got a screenshot from a user 5 minutes ago who reported the report issue is still there.

[attachment=40569]
As an admin whom you want to report? Strange!!!
The usergroup of the poster is set not to be reported, right?

There was a bug with the post report not to obey 'can't report' usergroup settings. But the behavior was like that for profile and reputation before also. Its not new, if required this will be dealt on a later version, not in the upcoming one.
(2018-07-07, 05:13 PM)effone Wrote: [ -> ]As an admin whom you want to report? Strange!!!
The usergroup of the poster is set not to be reported, right?

There was a bug with the post report not to obey 'can't report' usergroup settings. But the behavior was like that for profile and reputation before also. Its not new, if required this will be dealt on a later version, not in the upcoming one.

Well,that screenshot has been sent from a normal user who was able to report in past and not after the update.

And why can't an admin report to a moderator?It was working before the update...strange!!!!
The user was able to report earlier because the settings check was not in place and that was a bug.
https://community.mybb.com/thread-172336.html

Being an admin you can report or not (ignoring / overriding settings) is a matter of discussion. This was like that way (without admin / mod check) since earlier and if agreed, this will be implemented on a later version.
(2018-07-07, 07:20 PM)effone Wrote: [ -> ]The user was able to report earlier because the settings check was not in place and that was a bug.
https://community.mybb.com/thread-172336.html

Being an admin you can report or not (ignoring / overriding settings) is a matter of discussion. This was like that way (without admin / mod check) since earlier and if agreed, this will be implemented on a later version.

Well, just for kicks, I clicked on the Report button for #16 and I got this... look at the screenshot.

[Image: 0401c4d4e7235ccae44fba44a57723d7.png]

Sorry, but that post does exist! The code is messed up.

Even MyBB.com is having issues as well. Sighs... Rolleyes
New patches are not yet applied to mybb.com
I would like to add that the report button isn't working fine ,sometimes it works and sometimes it will give the same error.
I tried as admin and as normal user,on some threads,it will not work and issue the same error.
Its not 'sometimes'.

If you are trying to report a user whose usergroup settings " Can be reported (profile, posts and reputation)?" is unchecked you will get the error. No matter who you are - admin, mod or just a user ...
Pages: 1 2 3